Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBG tallaght lose Paddy

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

Mellor wrote: »
    Joey, are you still lurking on boards?

No

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

da-bres wrote: »
    No

Great grappling last week Joey that roll to calf slicer? was sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

da-bres wrote: »
    No
    :D

@Gamebred any footage you could throw up in the BJJ thread. I've one seen one match so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Nice slicer, Mr. Breslin, sir. You'd find work fairly handy in an abattoir if this whole martial arts thing goes tits up, anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Mellor wrote: »
    :D

@Gamebred any footage you could throw up in the BJJ thread. I've one seen one match so far

Their all on that channel, some great matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,565 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Gamebred wrote: »
    Their all on that channel, some great matches.

Very nice, I've seen that set up before, but have never been able to hit it myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Probably the best thing for Paddy in the long, got set up, got a lot of loyal members and can now go somewhere else with these loyal members without outside interference.

From what I have heard, he was 100% right to walk away... I would have done the same if I was in his shoes.

I also have a lot of respect for Joey for walking with him, when you have someone who has always looked out for you, it's nice to be able to pay back the loyalty and its nice to see someone sticking to their morals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭cletus

Roborat, can you tell the rest of us plebs what it is you heard, or are we all doomed to stumble around in the dark wondering what happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

maybe its a private issue? either-way Id like to know more details on SBG D24, I think Paddy is only adding previous members to the facebook page, I wonder if the new gym will be cheaper to join than SBG Tallaght

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭cletus

Well, it cant be too private if people are taking to facebook to half discuss it. If you are a public figure and you put information into the public sphere, its only normal that the public are going to want to know whats going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

I'm pretty sure he never owned much of the gym or if any at all, The money was put up by others and he was getting a wage every week.

Best off in his own place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭I Armour I

sbg d24 ran by paddy opening the 30th of July with a party open day. Info on facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I Armour I wrote: »
    sbg d24 ran by paddy opening the 30th of July with a party open day. Info on facebook
    Thought that would have already happened. Been at some BJJ tournaments and Paddy has been there coaching competitors so he has certainly been keeping busy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I believe they were in a temporary locations like gym halls, but now have there own gym in a fixed location. Delighted for Paddy, he always wanted to give back to his community.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭I Armour I

Correct, I have been training with him since the split and it's been....homeless haha. But yeah an absolute gent and now providing Dublin with another great facility. Will be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The Hooligan makes an appearance on the Dublin edition of Schuab's vlog (9m 50s in) subtitles included.

Advertisement