Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alter Bridge - Dublin & Belfast

Options
  • 23-02-2017 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭

After 5 albums Alter Bridge are set to play Ireland for the very first time with shows at Dublin's Olympia theatre and to Belfast where they play the Ulster Hall.

Dublin Tuesday June 20th (Tickets €33.95)
    Belfast Wednesday June 21st (£29.50)

Tickets on sale this Friday 9am.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,794 ✭✭✭hynesie08

About ****ing time....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Wow, decent price too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

scudzilla wrote: »
    Wow, decent price too

But it's a Tuesday night in The Olympia. :pac:

Christ, no ticket limit set by Ticketbastard, if the touts get wind of this it'll be a massacre

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Christ, no ticket limit set by Ticketbastard, if the touts get wind of this it'll be a massacre

Just been on TM and twigged that! regardless Belfast is set at 9 per person :eek:

Also noticed Dublin says price range €39-€40, Belfast price listed as above and tickets for both shows appear to be now on sale at 10 now although no point editing OP in case info is off.

• Advertisement

Would this be likely to sell out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,772 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Passenger wrote: »

Absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Passenger wrote: »

It's on it's way to it for sure, Ticket allocation on TM for Ulster Hall was gone in no time so whatever is left has to be got direct from their box office/website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I managed to get tickets... there is no doubt this will SO. Looking at TM, there is only restricted view seats left. What are the chances of a 2nd night, on the Monday maybe?

I managed to get tickets... there is no doubt this will SO. Looking at TM, there is only restricted view seats left. What are the chances of a 2nd night, on the Monday maybe?

Well they're playing Hellfest on Sunday 18th so a Monday gig would be unlikely imo.

• Advertisement

Selling 2 tickets (standing) for this gig, face value, think with fee's they come to 85euro for the pair

Only stipulation i have is that the buyer has at least 100 posts in either the gig/event thread or the Rock/Metal thread (that tout caught out on the u2 (??) thread is making me wary)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭hawkelady

Try toutless. Please don't sell it to him if you can avoid it. I hate touts

hawkelady wrote: »
    Try toutless. Please don't sell it to him if you can avoid it. I hate touts

i won't sell it to him, no worries on that score

Hmmm, just tried logging into toutless and i'm banned for touting :pac::pac:

Looked into it, i tried to sell a pair of tickets to a Snowpatrol gig at the button factory for 140euro, i won them in a comp and the asking price i put was what they were charging for a gig at the point, apparently as they were free tickets i could only have asked for nothing for them so was banned.

Totally forgot about that until now, dirty tout that i am :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Hmmm, just tried logging into toutless and i'm banned for touting :pac::pac:

Looked into it, i tried to sell a pair of tickets to a Snowpatrol gig at the button factory for 140euro, i won them in a comp and the asking price i put was what they were charging for a gig at the point, apparently as they were free tickets i could only have asked for nothing for them so was banned.

Totally forgot about that until now, dirty tout that i am :pac::pac:

Seems fair, you tried to make a profit on a concert ticket.

EyesClosed wrote: »

totally agree, at the time i thought asking for the same price as a recent snowpatrol gig was fair enough, i was wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

EyesClosed wrote: »
    totally agree, at the time i thought asking for the same price as a recent snowpatrol gig was fair enough, i was wrong

Seemed unfair to me, unless the 140 was over the price in the button factory, which is against the rules. If people are expected to charge nothing they would not go through the hassle of meeting people. So people who are dying to go to a gig, and would pay anything now could be missing out. Lose-lose situation.

I checked to see the wording of this rule and seems there is no rule against it, in fact they specifically say it IS allowed.

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6
    Tickets which are locked to the original buyer aren’t allowed be sold.
    For events which require you to show ID to prove you are the named person on a ticket you may not list or request tickets. Discussion on how to circumvent these measures will not be entertained. These are frequently anti-touting measures which are to limit particularly special or rare events to fans only and it would be against the ideals of this website to promote attempting to bypass them. This includes, but is not limited to, the Glastonbury festival. This also includes non transferable prizes such as addition to guestlists. Any form of complimentary or 0 priced tickets are allowed to be sold at the face value of that event as normal. Tickets for entirely free events must be passed on for free. This rule also prevents the resale of wristbands from previously redeemed tickets.

I still do not understand their rules against the likes of the radiohead gig. Again genuine fans could be missing out on tickets which could have been sold to them at face value, another lose-lose situation.

EDIT I see now the snow patrol ones could only be won, so it was against the rules

Still have a pair of standing for this at face value

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭nikkisclearout

Selling 2 tickets (standing) for this gig, face value, think with fee's they come to 85euro for the pair

Only stipulation i have is that the buyer has at least 100 posts in either the gig/event thread or the Rock/Metal thread (that tout caught out on the u2 (??) thread is making me wary)

im interested in the tickets but im a lurker not a poster don't hold that against me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Looking for one seated ticket for this.

• Advertisement

im interested in the tickets but im a lurker not a poster don't hold that against me :)

still want them??

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭nikkisclearout

still want them??

Think i'm sorted but thanks, if anything changes ill be back to you :) Going to be an amazing show!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 stevio448

still want them??

Hey man. Are the alter bridge tickets you have still for sale? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Great show last night. Caught a couple of songs from Red Sun Rising, but they sounded promising.

And Alter Bridge are coming back in October!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Brilliant gig. Sound was spot on, those guys are seriously talented.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Just in case anyone doesn't know, tickets for October's gig go on sale at 9am tomorrow (Friday 23rd)

Advertisement