Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car rental companies in Dublin offering rental with a bike rack

Options
  • 23-02-2017 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I'm guessing it is not possible (though it would appear possible in enlightened Scandinavia..) but has anyone found a rental company that offers bike racks with the rental? I've tried a few and been wholly unsuccessful so far. The world is unkind to those of us without cars!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I'm guessing it is not possible (though it would appear possible in enlightened Scandinavia..) but has anyone found a rental company that offers bike racks with the rental? I've tried a few and been wholly unsuccessful so far. The world is unkind to those of us without cars!

Maybe buy a cheap one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Just rent an estate car?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,617 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Maybe buy a cheap one ?
    heh, a cheap bike rack or a cheap car?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

heh, a cheap bike rack or a cheap car?

Which ever is the cheapest:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭SCOL

put the seats down in the back of the car, I can put my bike in the back of a Micra

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,769 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

GoCar lets you rent by the hour and you can rent a van if you want. You can get quite a few bikes into their larger van.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭tomfoolery60

Maybe buy a cheap one ?

I think this is the solution - looks like you can get ones that fit generally on hatchbacks etc.

Advertisement