Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Card gets scammed make it next to imposable to do anything if you work.

• 23-02-2017 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭

Hi BOI 

Basically you have showed me that you are a useless bank. Today with my card getting scammed. 

You wont send me out a card to my new house as the address is not on file. And I was told to go into my branch that is nearly 85KM away from where i live to change my address on my account and to get a new bank card ...... Why can it not be easyer ?. 

How can one do this when you work ?. So my card get scammed i cant get to a branch as i work where does one be able to get money now ?. As i have no Cash at all on me so i am rightly stuck. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi BOI 

Basically you have showed me that you are a useless bank. Today with my card getting scammed. 

You wont send me out a card to my new house as the address is not on file. And I was told to go into my branch that is nearly 85KM away from where i live to change my address on my account and to get a new bank card ...... Why can it not be easyer ?. 

How can one do this when you work ?. So my card get scammed i cant get to a branch as i work where does one be able to get money now ?. As i have no Cash at all on me so i am rightly stuck. 
    Hi TrustedApple, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

We're sorry to hear that you've been a victim of fraud and that you're unhappy with the service you've received. 
    If you haven't already cancelled your card, we'd advise you to call our Fraud team on 01-4885466 to report this. 

Please be advised that it's not necessary to call into your branch to update the address on your account or to request a new Visa Debit card. You can log in on 365 Online to update this through the Service Desk and the Update Postal Address option. 
    Alternatively you can fill in Change of Contact details form and post this to us. Once your address is updated you can order a new Visa Debit card by calling BOI Direct on 0818365365 or +35314044000. This number is available 8am to midnight Monday to Friday and 9am to 6pm on weekends.

To withdraw cash from your account when you don't have your debit card at hand, you can call into any Bank of Ireland branch with counter services and withdraw cash at the counter. Please bring photo ID and your account details to withdraw at the counter. Please see here for details on our branch opening hours and locations.

I hope this helps and please let us know if we can assist you with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Yet again Bank of Ireland blocked my other card from a order that i made myself on amazon Franch. 

I Gave warning to the fact it was being made. 

I have got no update with the fact i asked for a credit card limit to rise after 5 working days. Some how that call is also not log into the system. 

Got to love the bank of ireland system. In my job if i don't work in a ticket i get told the door is there. And the fact i cant give staff DSATS is nuts as well for the fact they cant do there job right. 

Thank God i am moving to AIB tomorrow. 15 years with BOI gone like that 3 accounts gone due to the fact your staff are next to useless at there jobs. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning TrustedApple,

I am sorry to hear that you're considering moving financial institutions and sincerely hope that we can help change your mind.

Our dedicated security team monitor accounts 24/7 for unusual activity. This is purely to help protect our customers from fraud attacks. If they notice a transaction that is outside of normal pattern of spend, they will text, email or call our customer and ask them to confirm that the purchase is genuine. Once confirmed the customer can continue with the purchase successfully. We are sorry that on this occasion the system override your previous notification of intent to purchase this item.

With regards to a limit increase request on a personal Credit Card, you can now apply online for this using Card Care. This system has numerous benefits including, update your contact details and viewing your card pin number.

I understand that our explanations here today have fallen in the aftermath of your recent experience and as such we would be more than happy to raise this further on your behalf. If you would like to Private message me with your full name and contact number, I can have this investigated today.

To send a PM please make sure you have signatures set to display in your control panel settings and then click in the link in my signature below to send the message.

If you click on your username in the top right corner then go to Control Panel and then Edit Options. You then need to make sure you have Enable Private Messaging ticked, as well as Show Signatures. You should then be able to send us a PM.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

But heres the issue i told the card team where the card was going to be used and no one noted it on my account. 

Still waiting for that and in the mean time with two other banks i have been offered a gold card while bank of ireland wont give me 300 euros more on my card. 

Notting will be done i know for a fact its bank of ireland useless is not the word should be bank of useless. 

Basically 2 blocked cards now. 1 bank counter in the hole of cork city centre. Endless 20 mins wait on the phones. In i go the one counter in the city to get money out 1 hour waiting in the line ..... 

You done it to yourselfs why i am leaveing after 15 years. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi TrustedApple,

I am sorry to hear you feel this way. If you change your mind and would like us to have this investigated on your behalf, just send us a Private message.

Thank you again and apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Elaine

• Advertisement
Advertisement