Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Stranger

Options
  • 23-02-2017 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭

Downloaded this a few days ago based on the Google Play store recommendation. It's a weird (and sometimes dark) experience but one I'm glad I tried. Figured I'd recommend it here for anyone who's looking for something a bit different.

It's a combination of a virtual chat app and scavenger hunt, talking to a stranger via IM and following links to solve riddles.

One downside I found is that, for a mobile game, it's actually easier to play if you have a computer beside you because there is a bit of flicking between the game app and your browser/youtube which just way easier do to on a PC, but it is workable. Another is that there is a phone number to be dialled at one point, but it's a US number, so the developers have made the recording available via their website. That is a bit immersion-breaking.

Otherwise, though, it's worth a play through.

It's free (with optional ads if you choose to speed up the wait times between conversations), but I chose to pay the developers their €1.09 at the end anyway because I commend them for trying something different.

Advertisement