Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staying weekends in Cork City - cost??

Options
  • 23-02-2017 11:13am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47

Thinking of doing a course in Cork shortly and, it would require overnights two weekends a month.

I checked out hostel world and, there doesn't seem to be that much available - mostly private rooms which are too pricey - like 80 to 100 euro per night.

I was thinking, 15 euro in a dorm for Fri and Sat night.

Is that realistic?

The course would run for one full calender year so - factoring in busy seasons etc.

Per weekend - what would I be looking at paying?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

You might want to try a hostel or something perhaps.. Not sure is Sheilas still going?

Have you tried Air B n B or there is another BnB in Ballintemple Carole Ville they might be able to help you out with a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Have you tried ringing a few B&Bs and asking what rate they'd give if you commit to the full year of bookings?
    Otherwise I'd try Air BnB, I can't imagine a big surge in prices, except for the Jazz perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

maybe give couchsurfing a go. Could come to some sort of deal with a host for repeat stays?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 CoolGuy2000

If I were to explore them options - what would my realistic weekend costs be?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

A room on a Saturday night on air bnb seems to be anywhere from £30 to £50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

If you only want to spend €15 per night for a bed in Cork city at the weekend, then your only hope is a bed in a multi-bed dorm in a hostel. Forget B&B and AirBnB which will cost a minimum €40 for a single guest per night, at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Milly33 wrote: »
    You might want to try a hostel or something perhaps.. Not sure is Sheilas still going?

An Oige hostel, Sheila's,Western Road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

This place looks <€20/night ish
    http://www.bruhostel.com

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SSeanSS

how do you feel about student accommodation? my brother goes home every weekend so would have a room free. Can ask him if you like but probably 30 a weekend would be fine.

Advertisement