Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get theese? -timber

Options
  • 23-02-2017 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

cant put my finger on the name of these..... once i can might be easier to find.
    e1a5cfde1e1474579b5cd34583045791.jpg
    Timber joist or beams? looking for the large square ones about 12x12 maybe 10x10 and the 4.8 meter lengths - any roughly ideas on prices per length would be nice too if you know?

Anything I can find is 9x2 7x2 or 4x4 posts etc.... but not the beefy ones like in the picture

I recon the sawmills is the place to go?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

while were here any advice on building something similar? maybe someone has build something like this before or refer me to a similar thread?

Probably be looking to go for size 4.8m by 3m so maybe a bit of an overkill for 12x12 beams
    what would yous recommend that would look good as in heavy on the large timber effect but not too heavy on the pocket?

Also attaching the joist to the ground whats the best way to go about it? I recon steel brackets when pouring foundation then bolt the joist to the brackets?

Advertisement