Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Coalition press release

Options
  • 23-02-2017 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

"Press Release – 23/2/2017
    POSTED BY JEFF ON FEB 23, 2017 | 0 COMMENTS

INFORMATION RELEASE
    Recent publication by the NARGC of an agreement it apparently reached with the Garda Policy Unit in relation to the administration of firearms licensing is a matter of serious concern to the Sports Coalition and should be a concern for all shooting people. The NARGC states that it has reached an agreement with the Gardai that the substitution of firearms will not take place within three months of the licence renewal date. The Sports Coalition is concerned because such an agreement would be illegal. ............................"

Here is the complete article
    http://www.sportscoalition.org/press-release-2322017/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

clivej wrote: »

INFORMATION RELEASE
    Recent publication by the NARGC of an agreement it apparently reached with the Garda Policy Unit in relation to the administration of firearms licensing is a matter of serious concern to the Sports Coalition and should be a concern for all shooting people. The NARGC states that it has reached an agreement with the Gardai that the substitution of firearms will not take place within three months of the licence renewal date. The Sports Coalition is concerned because such an agreement would be illegal. ............................"

Has the makings of another marriage down the drain...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

ce5a11df5e5abed9c03db6a3f47108fd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

This is going to escalate quickly...

And BTW thanks for showing up a major fault in the system that if things went back to a war footing with AGS would be ideal to make life really miserable for FO's and the PULSE nationwide.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

I despair..... I'd bet NARGC is gone

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

That press release would bring tears to a camel. NARGC would be better go their own way if thats going to be the way the SC carry on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

I think there are some serious inaccuracies in that press release and I expect that they will be challenged.

Seriously, Who benefits from constant warfare with AGS?

As stated in previous threads if the Association has to go to court to defend its members it will... but only as a last resort..

To pursue our sport we need a dog,a gun and game on land that you are allowed to hunt on.

It is incumbent on the NARGC to ensure good relations with all parties that are tangential to that..Gardai, NPWS, Land owner organisations .. simple really..

INFORMATION RELEASE

They couldn't even get the three month part right..

One factor that would greatly help all concerned is to avoid firearm substitutions near the expiry date of a licence. In this regard we ask members not to apply to substitute during the last 3 months of a firearms certificate, so as to ease the administrative burden..

Avoid is the term used.. not stop doing it, just avoid...:rolleyes:

NARGC please walk away...SC is a shocking embarrassment. A mate of mine into clays says there's talk that those lads are not happy either. I think they'll need a very small room for their next meeting

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The Sports Coalition is concerned because such an agreement would be illegal. ............................"
    "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her".

Never a truer word spoken when you weigh it against the sc's proposal for a temporary ban on semi autos which is also illegal. Or how about their secret agenda to introduce ballistic testing, bans on rimfire pistols under 5 inches, timelock safes, and a host of other f**king ridiculou, and even illegal, proposals they submitted in secret without the consultation of the various other bodies?

Seriously you've no idea how angry and pissed off i'm am that this "group" still draws breath. It was a bastardised notion at best and a complete disaster from day one. They have made a mockery of any progress made in the last ten years, and managed to alienate not only the Gardaí/DoJ but the majority of the shooting community and set us back years in terms of potential relations with the PTB. :mad::mad::mad:
    berettaman wrote: »
    Seriously, Who benefits from constant warfare with AGS?
    Only solicitors, imo.

We've said from the get go that the bang on the table approach that has been used for years by certain groups and people was wrong. So very wrong that it caused far more problems, and i'd like to say than it solved, but in actuality it solved nothing.

The sooner some groups realise the Gardaí and DoJ hold ALL the cards and that we have to work with them the better and faster things will go.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Cass wrote:
    Seriously you've no idea how angry and pissed off i'm am that this "group" still draws breath. It was a bastardised notion at best and a complete disaster from day one. They have made a mockery of any progress made in the last ten years, and managed to alienate not only the Gardaí/DoJ but the majority of the shooting community and set us back years in terms of potential relations with the PTB.

It is a no brainer why all of a sudden the row is being brewed between the NARGC and the SC. The SC does not like the idea that the world can revolve without antagonism and conflict. The SC are and was quoted that they will become an Irish NRA. I heard that again at a clay shoot last week....even meant to be offering insurance from next year.

When the row and fighting is gone from shooting sports and the whipping of the masses into a feeding frenzy like hounds baying for blood, then we will have a working partnership with all parties. The SC only represent the SC and whatever vested interests they have.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The NARGC was the founding Father, or one of them, so their hands are not completely clean in this mess. I think most know the cause behind its formation and i will not go into speculation or discussion on that topic, but with the NASRPC gone (as far as i'm aware) and the NARGC effectively gone from it one has to wonder who exactly makes up the sc as it is now.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

The SC are and was quoted that they will become an Irish NRA.
    Wow. There's something we need like a hole in the head. Yet another brilliant idea from that quarter.

Cass wrote: »
    The NARGC was the founding Father, or one of them, so their hands are not completely clean in this mess. I think most know the cause behind its formation and i will not go into speculation or discussion on that topic, but with the NASRPC gone (as far as i'm aware) and the NARGC effectively gone from it one has to wonder who exactly makes up the sc as it is now.
    You only have to look at who's ''acting chairman'' and who signed that tripe of a press release. Its score settling and vengance towards the NARGC. If he's in charge, someone else is pulling his strings. The SC will be made up of one man and his cronies. What other respectable orginization is going to stick around and get caught in the crossfire?

Which raises the question of what they're still doing on the FCP and how that should be best handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

Too lazy to look it up. Who is the acting chairman?

Sparks wrote: »
    Which raises the question of what they're still doing on the FCP and how that should be best handled.

Well if the rest of the parties had any sense, they'd disassociate themselves from Walsh , crofton and co. Disband the SC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

Put an Irishman on a spit and you can always find another one to turn him
    Bernard Shaw

gunny123 wrote:
    Put an Irishman on a spit and you can always find another one to turn him Bernard Shaw

Put a beggar on horseback and he'll ride to he'll.

There is no smoke without fire.

Full steam ahead and **** the iceberg....capt of the Titanic

What the **** Was That...Lord Mayor of Hiroshima...

Oh I can go on Gunny.. .......

gunny123 wrote: »
    Bernard Shaw
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
    Samuel Jackson.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Bernard Shaw

Oliver Cromwell ,[supposedly]
    They say you learn from your mistakes.I prefer to learn from the mistakes of others.It's less painful and less costly." Bismark.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

Wasn't it paton who said......whoever said the pen was mightier than the sword never saw automatic weapons....

Well NARGC withdraw from Sports Coalition...from the NARGC website:

http://nargc.ie/breaking-news-nargc-withdraw-from-sc/

berettaman wrote:
    Well NARGC withdraw from Sports Coalition...from the NARGC website:

Tried posting earlier but **** signal at work. Absolutely delighted about time the NARGC heads grew a pair and stood up to the **** representation.

We will see if next year the sports coalition will be offering insurance as rumoured or they're gone defunct.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

homerhop wrote: »
    Too lazy to look it up. Who is the acting chairman?

Paul Walsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

What i meant with GB Shaw quote was, a tiny country, a tiny sport with not many participants, and the representatives spend their time tearing lumps out of each other as well as publically squabbling. The DOJ/AGS must piss themselves laughing at us.

Tried posting earlier but **** signal at work. Absolutely delighted about time the NARGC heads grew a pair and stood up to the **** representation.

We will see if next year the sports coalition will be offering insurance as rumoured or they're gone defunct.

No shortage of balls with the Executive I saw in action yesterday..They met this head on and got unanimous backing from the Governing body..

No proper representation and like the cranky cavan lad at the meeting said yesterday this has to be stopped ..the night time vermin shooters, the five year safety renewals, the ballistec testing..Fu@k that...:mad:

The next S.C. meeting can be held in a phone box if they can still find one of those..:D but the NARGC will not be at it or funding it!!

Great result!!

What i meant with GB Shaw quote was, a tiny country, a tiny sport with not many participants, and the representatives spend their time tearing lumps out of each other as well as publically squabbling. The DOJ/AGS must piss themselves laughing at us.

I accept that we can achieve more as a unified force but that does not mean that we bend over year after year and get screwed..

Change was needed and change is good..

The NARGC will still take a case to defend its members interests but this time it will be the last resort..

I don't think we're anywhere near important enough in their eyes to be worth the laugh.
    And yeah, the internecine stuff is tiresome, but it has always, for the last 20 years at least, boiled down to one of a very, very, very, very few people. I don't think it's an intrinsic feature of the sport or of its organisation. And it definitely isn't sufficient motive for the usual idea that gets floated as a solution (namely everyone uniting under a single body.... which is invariably to be led by one of those very, very, very, very tiresome few).

gunny123 wrote:

I agree with you, but I also think cute whoreism is still alive and well and for too long I'd say we tipped the hat and didn't shout enough when we saw we were being lead down a path of no return. The actual minutes and reports from the SC are enough for anyone to shout enough is enough. What also upset me was I heard lads boasting at a clay shoot about what was coming down the line... the registering in the barracks for lamping was "that will sort the poaching" and the suggested 5 year renewal of the firearm safety course was to mirror a German model?? Which must be done in a specific training centre/range all the time you and me as the ordinary shooter was been set up and in the end costing money.

• Advertisement

Backbarrel wrote:
    The NARGC will still take a case to defend its members interests but this time it will be the last resort..

That's good to hear. But members also have to be realistic as to what they can and cannot get or achieve. It's time to stop lining the pockets of the legal system.

Advertisement