Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Coalition press release

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Anymore on the rumour they're to offer insurance next year through one of the other insurance groups in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Backbarrel

Anymore on the rumour they're to offer insurance next year through one of the other insurance groups in the country.

I was in a gun shop north of the border hoping to pick up something nice after brexit fupped the sterling exchange rate a couple of months ago and I heard that the next step was for the sports coalition to offer insurance to members, presumably tied in with some other insurance operater..

sure at that rate that is hollowing out NARGC ..and I thought it was a bunch of nordies winding up a rossie.. now I am not so sure.

When you look at the S C website it wouldn't take much for them to set it up..jaysus..:eek:

Backbarrel wrote: »
    I was in a gun shop north of the border hoping to pick up something nice after brexit fupped the sterling exchange rate a couple of months ago and I heard that the next step was for the sports coalition to offer insurance to members, presumably tied in with some other insurance operater..

sure at that rate that is hollowing out NARGC ..and I thought it was a bunch of nordies winding up a rossie.. now I am not so sure.

When you look at the S C website it wouldn't take much for them to set it up..jaysus..:eek:

Was that not on the cards with the dissident 5 counties last year rumours that they were walking and setting up on there own.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I and the suggested 5 year renewal of the firearm safety course was to mirror a German model?? Which must be done in a specific training centre/range all the time you and me as the ordinary shooter was been set up and in the end costing money.

Just shows how fuked up a message can get here when the ignorant get hold of it and put their spin on things.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Five years is the proposed lengthing[if it ever comes to pass here] or shorting more like of EU licenses for firearms under the new directives.The Germans are going spa about this,as you get your hunting liscense for life over there.[unless you are caught DUI, using illegal narcotics or diddling your income tax!]

The rest,sounds like the usual alpahabet soup of organisations in Ireland spin of things.Everyone has tried this stunt at some time or the other.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Just shows how fuked up a message can get here when the ignorant get hold of it and put their spin on things.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Five years is the proposed lengthing[if it ever comes to pass here] or shorting more like of EU licenses for firearms under the new directives.The Germans are going spa about this,as you get your hunting liscense for life over there.[unless you are caught DUI, using illegal narcotics or diddling your income tax!]

The rest,sounds like the usual alpahabet soup of organisations in Ireland spin of things.Everyone has tried this stunt at some time or the other.

In fairness Grizz I cant comment on how ignorant the guys were or were not but but these comments rumour or not and then the minutes of their meeting where they state they have a "shared concern", well thats enough isnt it for to say whats going on here.

Surely an organisation a Coalition who are representing you should be stating that "they refute the allegation/comment that there is any concern as to the competency of shooters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Bu ignorant I didn't mean to cast aspirations on anyone's chacter first off. I meant it in the terms of what's going on the European front. I mean,I have heard it said that after the EU legislation changes,full auto stuff would be freely available in the EU! [How nice if it were true!].So it wouldn't be the first time that someone got the wrong end of the stick out there and preached it as the gospel.
    By rights ,I think you folks need to start coming down a lot harder on rumours and stuff like this.
    Especially if it is being put on paper and is coming from the high table. They should be questioned as to ,who,what when ,where,why ,how many? Rumours are toxic in any organisation and we have had enough examples of this in the Irish shooting scene over the years. Up to you to challange it.And yes any organisation worth their salt should be defending their members at all times.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement