Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Hela or Richer Foods brand garlic sauce

• 23-02-2017 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a retailer in N.Wicklow or Dublin city centre who carries either of these two brands of garlic sauce/mayonnaise?
    olaola wrote: »
    Found this in my local Eurospar - 'Hela' brand. Used to buy it in Germany (fab curry sauce too) but if you don't want to make it yourself, this will be the closest you'll get.

http://twitpic.com/5qefl5

Image: VoUUM7U.jpg

ntOHCn3.jpg
    http://www.richsauces.com/our-range/10/flavoured-mayo/garlic-mayonnaise

I've tried making my own many times over the years, but no recipe matches the type of garlic sauce you usually get in fast food places, which is a real guilty pleasure of mine :o

(I hate paying loads for a tiny little tub too!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I am pretty sure I saw the hela garlic sauce in an Asian shop in stillorgan, which is just off the N11 so might suit if you go city centre to wicklow.

beside the blood donation clinic, they stay open late enough too. I have seen it in butchers too, usually very overpriced.

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Blood+Donation+Clinic/@53.2910876,-6.2003687,3a,75y,239.86h,88.03t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1su1D7T8Z1QBBRh7UU8qIZeg!2e0!5s20140801T000000!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x4867091e25524e4f:0x8f56df2e52e26b7!8m2!3d53.2910466!4d-6.2006262!6m1!1e1

Have you tried using fine garlic powder in the sauces, I think that is key to them. A lot of recipes call for fresh garlic or cooked garlic, I have made all sorts and only the powder was any way close to fast food places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Thanks very much for the sighting, will pop in next time I'm over that way. In the meantime I do have some garlic powder so I might try mixing it with mayonnaise and dried parsley and see what happens :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sorry but now I think of it I reckon I am mixing it up with Heera brand (which could well be similar)

s-l300.jpg

IDShot_540x540.jpg

If making it I use some vinegar too, or a mix of salad cream and mayo. If its not fine garlic powder I would leave it sit in the fridge a few days so it more evenly infuses. I usually just get a half full squeezy mayo bottle, put dry powder in a small teacup and mix it first with mayo, then add it to the bottle, then shake it all up. -if you added powder straight it would clump up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Cheers for the update and tips!

Advertisement