Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part 4 Tenancy - Other Tenant Moving Out - Options

Options
  • 23-02-2017 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hey there,

I'm currently living in an apartment sharing it with another tenant. We have Part 4 Tenancy but he would like to move out to live elsewhere. What are my options for staying in the apartment? We are both named on the lease.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

You are unlikely to be permitted to take on another tenant to share the rent without landlord's agreement (I say unlikely because it is possible that the terms of your lease permit this but i would be astonished if it did). You could ask the landlord would he object to you finding another tenant.

I think you would be entitled to remain under the part IV if you were willing to fund the rent yourself.

Advertisement