Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone other then Imagine Wimax?

Options
  • 23-02-2017 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wondering if there is anyone else around Kildare offering wireless internet?
    No phone line running to the house so this service or similar is the only option.
    Currently on a 10 MBPS service but it's topping out at 2 and they recently put their monthly fee up to €40 odd per month. I have sent them an email telling them to either up the game to what I should be getting or reduce the payment. If they don't I'm hoping to pull the box off the wall and leave it with the cabling and modem inside the front wall for them to collect and terminate the contract on the grounds that I'm not getting what I'm paying for.

Anyone any suggestions? Has anyone ever terminated a contract with them before on similar grounds?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Dont pull it off the wall, get it closed properly. Otherwise youll get debt collectors letters for the next 5yrs. Theres no guaranteed data rate so technically you are getting what you're paying for per the wording of the contract.

1. Complain
    2. No fix, complain again
    3. Threaten comreg
    4. They'll close your account

irelandoffline.org/map/ - This will give you alternatives. Others are unlikely to be much better other than Imagines LTE service so see if you can transfer to that first.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Commsguy

You can get LTE 4g antenna plus router installed but that has its limitation as you'd be on a mobile broadband contract, but if you are within a decent distance of your mast you could get speeds of 17 - 25meg.

I do know of a few people who have put the 3 €25 all you can eat sim in to it and are getting away with it......

I think there's a couple of guys in the midlands with adds online donedeal and so on installing these.

Advertisement