Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to move to America

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Visa's seem to be impossible to get without sponsorship...Does anyone know how to attain a visa or sponsorship without jumping through hoops for months on end?

Do you have any professional qualifications?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 brineyben12

Ive been looking at the trainee visa alright, and i'd have 5 years experience working for a family electrical wholesalers as a sales representative, but this requires a sponsor stateside which will be a nightmare to get.

Im just after finishing an electrical apprenticeship as well, but its a level 6 qualification which doesn't seem to qualify me for the trainee visa either.. hmmmm :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Sorry to be blunt but based on what you have said your chances are almost 0....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Google the american embassy in ireland & follow their website links to visa applications for Irish - there is a dense wealth of information there about the many different visa types and when they are offered and whom may apply. Given all the Trump nonsense it would be prudent to be prudent. Canada or Oz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Jumping through hoops for months on end is what gets you there...and that's assuming your skills and qualifications tally with visa requirements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 brineyben12

From my reading so far, the system can be easily blufffed..I just need to find a sponsor on the far side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

From my reading so far, the system can be easily blufffed..I just need to find a sponsor on the far side!

Well your reading is wrong op.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Just wondering if you have picked up a newspaper or watched the news recently?

Advertisement