Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many rounds.

Options
  • 23-02-2017 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

I have several target rifles all .22 rimfire. Each license has a 1000 round allowance. Does that mean I can have an accumulation of 1000 rounds per rifle in my safe or just 1000 rds altogether. Has anybody had difficulty in persuading the super to put 5000 rounds of .22 ammo on their license for batching reasons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gleefulprinter

1000 rounds per gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Fastnet50

Brilliant, thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Times like this I wish't I lived in the RoI. I have seven .22 rifles, and only 500 rounds between them...... :(

tac

Not that long ago Tac Foley, not that long ago and I feel your pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Gleefulprinter

I wouldn't be bringing this to anyone's attention as they may say it is too many and just give you the 1000 for them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

I make up for it over in Oregon, but it's a long way to go for a weekend fun shooting.........

tac

True it did cross my mind but I use them very quickly at the comps, and overseas.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Crow Pigeon and Pheasant

And here am I hardly able to afford 100 rounds! ;)

Same here, especially target rounds but still nice to know you can if you could!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

I wouldn't be bringing this to anyone's attention as they may say it is too many and just give you the 1000 for them all.

Different guns like different ammo so you need that ammount. When i was applying for a second .22 for targets super gave me 1000 rounds for it. I told him my first .22 liked different ammo

• Advertisement

True and even different batches of the same ammo make a huge difference, so when you get the right batch you have to buy a fair bit. I am lucky as my RFD will store it for me and only charges as I buy it. The good stuff is bloody expensive though but the difference in consistency makes it worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

A very good reason is the batch buy. And point out to your super that you "do not intend" to have a thousand rounds per gun in the house all the time[which would be a costly cash layout for most of us:)].But it is a handy facility to have if you do get a bulk purchase of ammo at a good price.Or are going for a serious days clay busting[Worked for my applications]

BTW you might also want to point out that the agreed EU norm is 500 rounds per gun default.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Will do hope to be doing a bit of batch testing soon in Birmingham and will need 5000 to make it worthwhile, and can leave most of it with my RFO until needed. Might wait until my next rifle license is due later this year.
    Thanks.

Advertisement