Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no up to date contract

Options
  • 23-02-2017 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hello, I have been with my company for a few years. I started part-time and after a few months was offered a full-time permanent contract. I had a contract for when I worked part-time but only a letter of offer for my full-time bit. Who is more at risk from this, my employer or I? What are the potential consequences (if any)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Hey parazard, what kind of job is this?
    I ask because some jobs out there don't bother with full-time contracts after you've signed a part-time one. Happened a few times with me and retail jobs. I started out as part-time, after a while got full-time hours and didn't sign anything else.

Is your job retail too by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,970 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Do people on full time OR permanent contracts get better conditions?

That is the only reason why you might be missing out by not having updated paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 parazard

Hi, it's not in retail it's in IT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Your contract is capable of being amended by letter so I would imagine that is what has happened....for example my salary went up but I didn't get a new contract. What I would do is append the letter to the contract and get hr to initial it

Your contract is capable of being amended by letter so I would imagine that is what has happened....for example my salary went up but I didn't get a new contract. What I would do is append the letter to the contract and get hr to initial it

• Advertisement

Advertisement