Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remortgage with EBS.

• 23-02-2017 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭

Asking on behalf of a family member.

Was looking to remortgage the house as the current mortgage is with BOI which is expensive. I know EBS give 2% cash back on their mortgages but does this apply if you are remortgaging. Also do banks still help people with their legal fees when they remortgage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭brendan86

mickmac76 wrote: »
    Asking on behalf of a family member.

Was looking to remortgage the house as the current mortgage is with BOI which is expensive. I know EBS give 2% cash back on their mortgages but does this apply if you are remortgaging. Also do banks still help people with their legal fees when they remortgage.

If your mortgage is with BOI and you want to move it to EBS it will be called a switcher mortgage not a remortgage.

You will be entitled to your 2% cashback but I dont think you get anything towards fees I could be wrong.

As long as you have equity in your house and meet all criteria you should have no problem getting extra I would believe.

Your better off ringing EBS anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

Thanks Brendan, Yeah I meant a switcher mortgage all right.

Advertisement