Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Docking Station

Options
  • 23-02-2017 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭

I'm was looking to get a docking station for my laptop which is a Lenovo Z580 as I want to get a monitor more in my line of sight. Turns out there is none available for this laptop but I have come across this instead.

http://www.laptopsandspares.com/lenovo-ideapad-z580-docking-station

I presume it does the same job and I will connect my laptop and new keyboard to this and work off the new monitor. Am I going about this the right way and is my thinking correct.

Thanks

Any recommendations on a good priced monitor appreciated also:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Can you not just connect the keyboard, mouse and monitor to the laptop? The Z580 has 4 USB ports, VGA and HDMI so plenty of connections available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

FanadMan wrote: »
    Can you not just connect the keyboard, mouse and monitor to the laptop? The Z580 has 4 USB ports, VGA and HDMI so plenty of connections available.

If I can that's great. That's what I was hoping to find out. Will be mouse work on the monitor screen if it's connected via Bluetooth to laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

thomasm wrote:
    If I can that's great. That's what I was hoping to find out. Will be mouse work on the monitor screen if it's connected via Bluetooth to laptop?

Yes it will work on external monitor no need for docking station.

Advertisement