Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Apealing to RSA over bad road marking/no signs

Options
  • 23-02-2017 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey i got a grade 3 going on the other side of the road which i know was a stupid mistake. but how i managed to do this was simple because the road was a one way going into a 2 way at the end. there was no signs saying it was a two way road and the marking have been tear away so bad that i could not even see it.

I found it to be unfair and thought the instructor would let me know as it was seem like a trick

so is this worth going down to appeal?:confused::confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

mr_paddy wrote: »
    Hey i got a grade 3 going on the other side of the road which i know was a stupid mistake. but how i managed to do this was simple because the road was a one way going into a 2 way at the end. there was no signs saying it was a two way road and the marking have been tear away so bad that i could not even see it.

I found it to be unfair and thought the instructor would let me know as it was seem like a trick

so is this worth going down to appeal?:confused::confused:

You can appeal it but chances are you wont get anywhere. Any chance of the location of this to have a look at it on Google maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mr_paddy

yeah i guess appealing success rate must be not great

Note: The pic was taken 3 years ago but the marking litterly gone where u see them :P

https://www.google.ie/maps/@54.0029771,-6.4019739,3a,75y,135.4h,73.48t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sK_mmRO9kugfD_xkkOuTSfA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

It looks a bit confusing to me.
    There's nothing to indicate that the road has become two way (there should be a sign where the two way traffic starts with a double arrow).
    However surely a driving instructor should have brought you down that road to show the danger during your lessons?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,437 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Is the No Entry signage on the ground for traffic coming the other way still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 redline2015

Driver tester guidelines..

Road Markings: in all cases, the applicant should have a reasonable opportunity to see the road
    markings on the approach. Faded or worn markings mitigate any fault which may be incurred.
    Where confusing or inappropriate road markings are in situ, the tester should diplomatically advise
    the applicant on how to proceed. A fault should not be recorded in this case.

You Might have a case.. but you will only get a free test on appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dennyk

Probably won't succeed with a case; even if you did, it'd go to court and take months, and all you'd get out of it is a free retest (after waiting yet more months for a new date).

Testers love confusing roads; this junction is a popular one on the Mungret test route. Basically, the road you're turning onto is two way traffic for about twenty feet, then becomes one way, and you'll be told to turn right at the end of the road. The double line and the one arrow indicating oncoming traffic were basically completely faded away last time I drove through there, as well. Caught my buddy from Panama out on his first test; he saw the one way arrows ahead and drove into the right lane too soon. I only passed it because I kept forgetting it was a one-way at all and by the time I'd remember I was already past the two-way traffic point anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

Get your instructor to follow it up with the testing supervisor an. Take photographs of the road markings from a distance away as back up. You can only ask.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

What test centre was that?

Posy wrote: »
    What test centre was that?

The road is in dundalk (that's linked above), so I'd presume the centre was dundalk too.

Advertisement