Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours bins constantly blowing rubbish into my garden

Options
  • 23-02-2017 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭

My neighbour has their bins at the front of their house and constantly I am clearing rubbish from my front garden which is from her bins, got confirmation today as I had envelopes addressed to her which I ****ed back into her garden, now I have had no dealings with her since we bought the house and I am pretty sure it's a rented house but just wondering what people on here would do about it? I don't want to fall out with a neighbour over this but it's extremely annoying at the same time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Envelopes with her address blowing on the street. Just call the litter warden.....Or maybe have a quiet word with her first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭Sono

Envelopes with her address blowing on the street. Just call the litter warden.....Or maybe have a quiet word with her first.

It is every week this happens, it's very annoying as it makes my garden dirty and it's very obvious the rubbish comes from her, she has 6 bins!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Sono wrote:
    It is every week this happens, it's very annoying as it makes my garden dirty and it's very obvious the rubbish comes from her, she has 6 bins!

Has it not occurred to talk to the neighbor about this? You could suggest that it would help not to overfill the jobs if that is the case but also to position the bins facing away from the prevailing wind so that the lid doesn't blow open as easily.

Has it not occurred to talk to the neighbor about this? You could suggest that it would help not to overfill the jobs if that is the case but also to position the bins facing away from the prevailing wind so that the lid doesn't blow open as easily.

The way the house is positioned this would not be possible and I don't know her as I am not living here long and her front door is to the side of her house, I really don't want to have words with her but I think I might be left with no other choice. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

She has 6 bins, really ? .. Has she got a big family? .. The regular wheelie bins don't blow rubbish about unless they're overflowing, if they are overflowing the bin company won't take them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Why are you reluctant to talk to your neighbour? There are all manner of things I have had to didcuss with mine since moving in 12 months ago. I would have thought some level of interaction with neighbours is a necessity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

This happens a lot in my estate too, some people overfill their bins and whenever it's windy their rubbish ends up everywhere. It's awkward, but in my case I don't actually know whose rubbish it is that I'm constantly picking up from my garden. I'd be tempted to just throw it back into their garden if it happens to you all the time, or just mention it to them when you have a chance, they probably don't even realise this is happening. Don't think there's really much else you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

What harm is there in having a word about it? Be reasonable, explain that it bothers you and come at it from the assumption that she's simply oblivious rather than nasty. If that doesn't work, then drop her a note, after that get in touch with your warden.

Balance of probabilities is that she'll be reasonable, it will be resolved and you'll feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 NellyJelly

Just talk to her about it.

Took this of her garden yesterday, I think I will have to call in and say it to her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Surely it's only a matter of her putting a weight on her bin to stop the lid blowing open?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

The adult thing to do would be to speak with them ... but unfortunately in today's society there are far to many people who have lost the ability to talk to others.

The OP has gone to the trouble of posting here and uploading photos of a problem rather than simply having a chat with the one person who can actually do something about it.

Bizarre really

whippet wrote: »
    The adult thing to do would be to speak with them ... but unfortunately in today's society there are far to many people who have lost the ability to talk to others.

The OP has gone to the trouble of posting here and uploading photos of a problem rather than simply having a chat with the one person who can actually do something about it.

Bizarre really

Well I don't know them at all and have had no interaction whatsoever so to introduce myself with an issue I find is a bit tricky. I'll try build up the courage to knocking into her!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sono wrote: »
    Took this of her garden yesterday, I think I will have to call in and say it to her.

She can keep her property any way she chooses

It's bizarre that you're taking photos of her property when the problem is with yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Dr_Kolossus

She can keep her property any way she chooses

It's bizarre that you're taking photos of her property when the problem is with yours.

Whats bizarre? Pretty obvious he's showing how messy neighbours garden is, as it will also affect theirs! Wind blowing and all that.

Advertisement