Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Henry Golden Boy (22LR Lever Action)

Options
  • 23-02-2017 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Guys

Does anyone know if you need to apply for a restricted licence for these rifles

They hold 15 Roubds, I thought anything over 10 rounds is restricted, am I correct

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

The law is funny on this.

With a rimfire you have a mag capacity of 10 rounds, but for centrfire no limit.

So in short no once you block the tube to 10 rounds. If you want all 15 or anything over 10 then you need restricted.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭yubabill1

She and to think, I was walking around the fields with a full 19 rounds of 22LR in my Marlin 39A when the Border Fox was on the run and when Mad Dog McGlinchey was on the loose and helicopters were making "forced landings" on football pitches (I swear, I had nothing to do with that, even though I had a high cap magazine).

Advertisement