Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ranieri Sacked

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Shockingly bad decision if true, he earned the right to see this season out and even to help win back promotion if they went down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I call bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

WTF???????

They are one goal from the next stage of the CL in theory!

I thought he had Liverpool and the return leg to save himself. I can only surmise they have a decent name lined up ready to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

What a disgrace. They deserve to go down after that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Makes no sense to do it now, not after a good UCL result unless the players and board have just had enough and have a someone lined up to step straight in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Until legitimate news sources start reporting it I'm taking it with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

rwbug wrote: »
    Shockingly bad decision if true, he earned the right to see this season out and even to help win back promotion if they went down.

No it's not. They were going down to the Championship. Their confidence was completely shot. This is the only chance they have in staying up.

No room for sentiment in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Not surprised.
    Much easier to replace him than a squad who clearly aren't pulling their weight for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Joke of a club. I hope they are relegated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

PhilipsR wrote: »
    No it's not. They were going down to the Championship. Their confidence was completely shot. This is the only chance they have in staying up.

No room for sentiment in football.

They could still easily head into the Championship and TBH, I hope they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Odd timing to make such a decision. As has been said here, they must have a really excellent replacement ready to go.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

CSF wrote: »
    Until legitimate news sources start reporting it I'm taking it with a pinch of salt.

Nothing yet on BBC or SSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The timing makes zero sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

If this is true, I hope they get relegated in spectacular style.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭PhilipsR

I'm sorry but I don't get the sentiment here.

So let me get this straight, because Ranieri won the PL last year, he has the right to get him relegated this year? :confused:

Do people honestly think they even look remotely like turning it around?

Since the start of Nov:

DDLWDLLWLDLWDWLLDLLWLLL

Of those 5 wins, 3 in cup competitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

So let me get this straight, because Ranieri won the PL last year, he has the right to get him relegated this year? :confused:

Since the start of Nov:

DDLWDLLWLDLWDWLLDLLWLLL

Well they won't win the cl without him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Odd timing to make such a decision. As has been said here, they must have a really excellent replacement ready to go.

Nigel Pearson taking over......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Where are they getting this from? Completely unconfirmed from the club, and no other media sources going with it. The daily star has it, but they're just using the Mail as their source.

This would be such a stupid decision in the aftermath of yesterday's decent result that I simply can't believe it's actually true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Ranieiri really should have resigned a couple of weeks after they won the league.The ultimate going out at the top with a club and who knows he might have set himself up for the Italy job at that time as well.

• Advertisement

Mirror now reporting it as a breaking story - rather than "reports say..." thing. That said they only have three lines so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Has anyone else called bull? I call bull!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Since the start of Nov:

DDLWDLLWLDLWDWLLDLLWLLL

Players fault imo. Too many of them living off of last season and think they have nothing left to prove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Treated badly by both the English clubs he managed tbh......

BBC reporting it on 5live

"Claudio appointed July 2015 led the club to its greatest moment, status as the greatest City Manager of all time is without question..this is the most difficult decision in the 7 years since King Power bough the club but results...blah blah blah"

Nigel Pearson taking over......

Then they sack him with a few games to go, hire Claudio, they just avoid relegation, then go on to win the Premier League the next season, dilly ding dilly dong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Has he really been sacked? I don't believe it and I won't unless Leicester confirm it themselves.

It'd be insane to sack him after last night's performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

It's on BBC website now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Shame, love Ranieri, hope they go down now, he won't have their relegation on his record anyway.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

This is an absolutely disgraceful decision. He deserved time to turn things around after the heroics of last season. A sad day for football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Such a shame.

It's official. Leicester City and Claudio Ranieri have "parted company".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Terrible form by the owners. Hope they get relegated now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

"Dilly dong dilly gone"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Is this the work of hackers? It's just insane if it's true, I'm still finding it hard to believe.

The most scandalous of decisions. I hope the fans show "The Board" what they think of this decision. These moneymen don't have a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Madness. 8 months ago he probably had the most secure job in world football. I feel bad for him, but he will be forever remembered for what he achieved last season. The moment Andrea Bocelli came onto the pitch to sing alongside Ranieri was the most surreal moment I have ever witnessed in sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Where are they getting this from? Completely unconfirmed from the club, and no other media sources going with it. The daily star has it, but they're just using the Mail as their source.

This would be such a stupid decision in the aftermath of yesterday's decent result that I simply can't believe it's actually true.

Well, it's true alright;

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-leicester-city-and-claudio-ranieri-part-company-3591441.aspx
    Vice Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha said: “This has been the most difficult decision we have had to make in nearly seven years since King Power took ownership of Leicester City. But we are duty-bound to put the Club’s long-term interests above all sense of personal sentiment, no matter how strong that might be.

“Claudio has brought outstanding qualities to his office. His skilful management, powers of motivation and measured approach have been reflective of the rich experience we always knew he would bring to Leicester City. His warmth, charm and charisma have helped transform perceptions of the Club and develop its profile on a global scale. We will forever be grateful to him for what he has helped us to achieve.

“It was never our expectation that the extraordinary feats of last season should be replicated this season. Indeed, survival in the Premier League was our first and only target at the start of the campaign. But we are now faced with a fight to reach that objective and feel a change is necessary to maximise the opportunity presented by the final 13 games.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

As incredible and as unfair as it seems... they were going down if he stayed. IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

eagle eye wrote: »
    Is this the work of hackers? It's just insane if it's true, I'm still finding it hard to believe.

Leicester themselves have confirmed it on official social media pages and reliable news sources. What's not to believe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

They've looked nailed on to get relegated.

Does he get a pass on relegation after winning the league?

Can you believe in a manager who gets you relegated (from the players's perspective).
    Could he be trusted to get them back out of the Championship?

He couldn't lose every game forever and keep his job.

Ranieri was the perfect man to have to make an incredible story for Leicester that'll be remembered for a thousand years, but you can certainly understand why they think he's not the right man now and with so much on the line, loyalty can only count for so much.

He'd have gotten a pass on nearly anything this season. The only thing was relegation and I really can't fault them at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Modern football would suck the life out of ya.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Disgraceful, hope that's the end of this club. I cheered when they won the league, I'll cheer when they get demoted.

Claudio Ranieri will be Man Utd's manager next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I hope they relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

2nd season in a row that the Premiership's previous season's winning manager gets the sack.

Conte might throw the league now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Usually don't buy into all the outrage about managers losing jobs but he really did deserve this season and even next season for what he gave them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Out of curiosity, who was the last manager of reigning champions to be sacked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

CSF wrote: »

This should confirm it
    http://mobile.lcfc.com/news/article/2016-17/club-statement-leicester-city-and-claudio-ranieri-part-company-3591441.aspx

• Advertisement
Advertisement