Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acting as Agent for non resident vs Property Manager

Options
  • 23-02-2017 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

I have a family member who wants to invest 2 million into the Irish property market. He is a non resident and only spents 2 weeks per year in ireland. He wants me to collect the rent and maintain the property. I live in Ireland.

From Revenue.ie A Revenue Guide to Rental Income - IT 70
    Where an agent resident in the State, is appointed by the non-resident landlord to manage the property and the agent is collecting the rents, the rents must be paid gross to the agent. The agent is then chargeable to tax on the rents as Collection Agent for the landlord and is required to submit an annual tax return and account for the tax due under Self Assessment. Leaflet IT10 Guide to Self Assessment* provides more detailed information.[/B][/I]

So I CAN collect the money and pay his tax, AND over see any upkeep.

So am I Property Manager and Can I charge for my work?

Comments

Advertisement