If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 Sony model differences

Options
  • 23-02-2017 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

Just looking at last years models as considering buying them since they're at their cheapest. Looking at the XD80-XD90 range.

There's a fair few models in between that and I don't know what the differences are. Like between the XD80 and XD85 for example.

Any chance you could clarify the lineup and possibly any insight into this years models specs and pricing?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,283 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Just looking at last years models as considering buying them since they're at their cheapest. Looking at the XD80-XD90 range.

There's a fair few models in between that and I don't know what the differences are. Like between the XD80 and XD85 for example.

Any chance you could clarify the lineup and possibly any insight into this years models specs and pricing?
    Hi HairySalmon,

The TV lineups can be a bit of a minefield each year. The Sony 4K TVs (XD models) all have 4K panels and are all Android TVs. The main differences come with the panel processing.

The Sony XD8088 has a 400HZ Triluminous display and is mainly available in the smaller sizes (43-49"0. The 8077 is exactly the same TV but the trim is silver instead of black.

The XD8599 is available from 55" and above and features a panel with a 1000Hz Triluminous display and a 4k X1 processor. This means the picture is smoother and the colour representation is greater giving a better and more stable image.

The XD9305 has the same motion processing rate as the 8599 but uses a feature called X-tender Dynamic range pro. This gives a better contrast ratio in terms of black levels and much brighter panel.

The new panels for 2017 are called XE:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/bravia-kd55xe9005/sony-kd55xe9005bu

These TVs use the same panl technology as their very high spec 2016 ZD models, which were stunning TVs so I would say this years Sonys will look pretty good!

I hope you have found this information useful. If you require any further info don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.