Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is zoned land

Options
  • 23-02-2017 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Looking at the development plan for our local town, our site of 1.5 acres is inside an area labelled as road reservation

Well an acre of it that I had hoped to build on is anyway.

Am I screwed before I even apply for planning?

The site is just outside the city ring road, well defined by a mature tall tree boundary and surrounded by low density tastefully old houses. I was hoping to build a classically proportioned property on it for our daughter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Nobody had a compulsory purchase on their land or is there something taboo about the question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

With any planned road, they reserve a generally wide area where a road is to be located. Once detailed plans drawn up that they (Council engineers) have selected including road design, siting etc. that they are happy with, then the CPO process begins with relevant landowners. So while the road reservation is typically quite wide now, this is for the purpose of giving plenty of room in which the road is to be located. Things like protected areas, protected structures, archaeology, etc etc etc have to be factored in before the actual route is selected. For you, this sterilises the land. Seek a pre-planning meeting with the Council for site specific feedback.

Advertisement