Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMPORTANT: game rules discussion

Options
2»

Comments

Alright how about we break it down in the different categories....

Minor- A break of the Edit rule or posting dead rule no effect on the game

Medium - a break or rule you used to cover up a mistake you made

Major - A break of the Edit rule or posting dead rule with a major effect on the game

Nuclear - going into the backroom and laying in all out on game thread

The above is just an example but if we had something like this as a template it would be nice where minor would be game mod discression and nuclear maybe a 3-6 game ban.

Then we could have all in between

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Alright how about we break it down in the different categories....

Minor- A break of the Edit rule or posting dead rule no effect on the game

Medium - a break or rule you used to cover up a mistake you made

Major - A break of the Edit rule or posting dead rule with a major effect on the game

Nuclear - going into the backroom and laying in all out on game thread

The above is just an example but if we had something like this as a template it would be nice where minor would be game mod discression and nuclear maybe a 3-6 game ban.

Then we could have all in between

I got a set of glasses
    When I. Ollie fed the set

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

The dead room access thread 'purgatory' is inside the private subforum. I wanted to access the dead rooms, but i needed to get write access to this private werewolf forum in order to do this, were as, if this thread 'pugatory' access thread was outside, then private forum access could be restricted to live players and as players die they could be struck off. [maybe this requires more privs than the game mods currently have, i'm new]

sKeith wrote: »
    The dead room access thread 'purgatory' is inside the private subforum. I wanted to access the dead rooms, but i needed to get write access to this private werewolf forum in order to do this, were as, if this thread 'pugatory' access thread was outside, then private forum access could be restricted to live players and as players die they could be struck off. [maybe this requires more privs than the game mods currently have, i'm new]

Hi Keith the serial killer
    Being new is not an excuse we speak in absolutes here with RTG courage of our convictions
    ;)

Welcom

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

That, in theory, would work. But it would be a lot of extra work for the boards mods in advance of the next game.

Good point about the purgatory thread thought, will move that!

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    I got a set of glasses

My tigger translator has broken

My tigger translator has broken

it says basically that I got a set of glasses

like collecting stamps for nipprs

nippercullen11.png

does that puppet have giant snot bubbles coming out of its nostrils?

does that puppet have giant snot bubbles coming out of its nostrils?

no

• Advertisement

What are the two white bubbles below his nose supposed to be then ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Sorry guys I never see these threads because I usually only ever check the threads I've already posted in.

Personally I'd be inclined to use a yellow and red card system for the game mods. Clearly sometimes else would need to be thought of as that's to close to the actual boards infraction system but you get the idea. If something like this happens in a game then the game mod decided if it's a severe offense based on previous standards. They can choose to modkill a player still alive as am obvious punishment and if the offense is serous then a red card for the offending dead player who's posting which would see them banned for the next one game.

The problem with these punishments are that they effect the game more than anything. Everyone who's modded a game knows that mod killing is a last resort as it screws up the balance. Banning someone from playing is crap too as the numbers aren't exactly massive as is so removing players from the pool sucks for the mods of the next game.

All that said I still think the threat of a one game ban should be there. It's not like we have a major problem with this so it will hopefully not come up again anyway.

It really should be something that's dealt with by the players and not the mods though imo as no one is breaking boards rules so actual bans can't really happen bar someone going out to ruin a game and breaking the site wide 'don't be a dick' rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

The only boards mod action I would really consider would be temporary removal of access to the werewolf sub forum if a poster was posting from the grave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Yeah I'd agree and even then it would want yo be something serious like game wrecking intentionally.

Advertisement