Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ableton newb.

Options
  • 24-02-2017 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭

Just trying out live again. Have a question that hopefully can be answered before the 30 day trial ends.

Started a project, has a kick drum in it and a few bars of automation. It is a live 8 project but I opened it in live 9. When I press play the automation is not being read. When I press the back to arrangement button it reads the automation but disables the clip. When I press play on the clip it again disables the automation what am I missing? Besides powers of deduction.

http://imgur.com/a/aNCAU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Ah got a reply on reddit. Hadn't got anything on the arrangement window so nothing was playing in sequence basically. So confusing though would have thought you could set automation to play while a loop is playing.

Have been looking into that push 2 controller anybody here got one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Ah got a reply on reddit. Hadn't got anything on the arrangement window so nothing was playing in sequence basically. So confusing though would have thought you could set automation to play while a loop is playing.

I'm not familiar with Live so couldn't help you out on the automation question. Those controllers look great but I just can't justify getting one myself. I make do with two midi keyboards, a basic M-Audio Oxygen 8 and an Akai MPK Mini

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

I teach ableton and Push. I think the Push controller is without doubt the best controller for Ableton Live but you'd be better off getting familiar with the program first, then getting into the Push. Otherwise you're giving yourself two new things to learn at the same time.
    The program is easy to get to grips with if you go through the free videos on ableton.com . If you're not good at learning from videos then get a couple of lessons with someone like myself and you'll be flying with it in no time. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

I teach ableton and Push. I think the Push controller is without doubt the best controller for Ableton Live but you'd be better off getting familiar with the program first, then getting into the Push. Otherwise you're giving yourself two new things to learn at the same time.
    The program is easy to get to grips with if you go through the free videos on ableton.com . If you're not good at learning from videos then get a couple of lessons with someone like myself and you'll be flying with it in no time. Best of luck.

Oh yeah what would be the best plan of attack then?

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Sham Squire

Well, like I said, try the videos on www.ableton.com and if you find you'd rather a one-to-one or a class then go get a couple of lessons. PM me if you want to chat about it, I can send you my number.

• Advertisement
Advertisement