Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RF Linked Smoke Alarm

Options
  • 24-02-2017 5:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend what RF linked smoke alarm to get

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As standalone EI wireless talk to each other.
    Is that what you mean or do you want to connect to an alarm system?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

KoolKid wrote: »
    As standalone EI wireless talk to each other.
    Is that what you mean or do you want to connect to an alarm system?

Sorry I was looking at standalone.

I would like to hook it up to the house alarm but I've a hkc panel and their smoke alarms are over €100 each, can you connect different ones to it?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The HKC ones are EI also.
    Can't get into pricing here. But shop around.
    Would wired detectors connected to your alarm be an option.?

KoolKid wrote: »
    The HKC ones are EI also.
    Can't get into pricing here. But shop around.
    Would wired detectors connected to your alarm be an option.?

Yea I could probably make it work if I had to

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yea I could probably make it work if I had to

EI also do a wired version so if you can get a cable to the detector then you should be able to add it to your alarm.

Here is a link to the suppliers list for stockiest.

Ps you would need engineer access to set up the zone for the detector.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

Kiddie do a great smoke heat and carbon dioxide detectors you can interlink them by RF. And there is a main unit that has an open/closed output that you can wire into a spare wired zone and make it a fire zone job done done one the other day worked great.

That sounds like a good solution OP.

stuartkee wrote: »
    Kiddie do a great smoke heat and carbon dioxide detectors you can interlink them by RF. And there is a main unit that has an open/closed output that you can wire into a spare wired zone and make it a fire zone job done done one the other day worked great.

Sounds ideal

Advertisement