Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canyon paint quality

Options
  • 24-02-2017 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

Hi. Bought a canyon aeroad 2 weeks ago. But the quality of the paint is shocking. My first cycle with it was 60k and realised a cable was rubbing against the frame, the paint has come off. I have had other bikes and you see the cable rubbing after a ride and place a protective sticker 'before' it could do harm.
    Another 2 chips has happened as well , I suppose stone chips.
    The paint seems to be very fragile and presumably needs a clear coat/protective coat.
    It's a matt finish mostly red and some black down the seat tube. I have had numerous matt finish frames before never a chip or anything.
    I contacted canyon and they said it's not covered under warranty suggesting to use tape protector so still trying to get somewhere with them.
    Has anybody else noticed the paint quality or difficulty with canyon.
    Thanks in advance.

Advertisement