Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 The Beast Of Ballyhoura

Options
  • 24-02-2017 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭

The Beast is on the move…..

The Beast of Ballyhoura has showcased the Ballyhoura region and surrounding areas for 9 consecutive years with the support of Ballyhoura Fáilte Ltd. and our crew of dedicated volunteers. Last year it took a break while ITERA came to Ireland to host a World Series Event. This year The Beast is Back!
    The Beast has an exciting opportunity to bring you to a county it has never visited before. 2017 will see The Beast HQ base itself in Co. Donegal.

“What makes a visit to Donegal special isn’t just the raw beauty of Europe’s Highest Sea Cliffs at Sliabh Liag alone or the majesty of the Golden Eagles swooping high and low at Glenveagh National Park and Castle.

It is something more complicated, something deeper than that...

It is about connections. It is about the connections that all who come to this beautiful and dramatic place never forget. The connections with the people. People who are full of warmth and humour. People with a story, a saying or a song for every occasion. It is definitely about the connections with the landscape. A landscape that offers so much to so many. A landscape that is proud and imposing: The Highest Sea Cliffs in Europe. The best Waves on the West Coast. Beaches galore. Great hill-walking. Super Cycling. The list goes on and on.”

Need we say more?! So for now, put these important dates in your diary: 4th – 7th August 2017. I’m sure you all have many questions about the format of the event. Over the coming days and weeks we will be updating the website with all relevant information, and opening online entries.

Yours in adventure racing,
    Ivan, Eoghan, Mark and Clare

If you have any ambitions in adventure racing Do. Not. Miss. This event.!!

I'm a relative late comer to the world of AR having made my start on these pages and being part of forming TriHarderAR a few years ago. In my brief experience Ivan Park is one of those one in a million race directors who put on cracking events, and do everything they possibly can to make it a life experience for participants.

I'm gutted I'll miss this year but maybe 2018 will have me back at it again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Neady83

Sounds like it will be an amazing adventure - I'm out for this year also unfortunately but it's looking like Donegal again next year so we won't be missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

+1 an Ivan Park AR is not one to miss. And Donegal! Wow...

I've missed the RACE up there 2 years running so I can hardly miss this! Unfortunately with Sean away and Kate focused on Expedition Africa ARWS I may be checking out teams in need of a Shotgun!

+1 an Ivan Park AR is not one to miss. And Donegal! Wow...

I've missed the RACE up there 2 years running so I can hardly miss this! Unfortunately with Sean away and Kate focused on Expedition Africa ARWS I may be checking out teams in need of a Shotgun!

This could be the making of another Boards team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

#TriHarderARSE :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

is it still called the beast of ballyhoura if it's in donegal? and have they found a new beast, or are they moving the ballyhoura beast up there for a few days.

and wait, if there is no beast, and it's not in ballyhoura, maybe it shouldn't be called the beast of ballyhoura, and given it's a race, maybe they could call it The Race.. bet no-one ever thought of calling a race in donegal that...

seriously though, are they changing the name? is it just becoming the Beast?

• Advertisement

mossym wrote: »

seriously though, are they changing the name? is it just becoming the Beast?

Ivan seems to be referring to it as "The Beast" on social media and he's suggested that it will remain in Donegal in 2017 and 2018 so I guess if they keep it as "The Beast", they can continue to explore different counties with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Neady83 wrote: »
    Ivan seems to be referring to it as "The Beast" on social media and he's suggested that it will remain in Donegal in 2017 and 2018 so I guess if they keep it as "The Beast", they can continue to explore different counties with it.

Yip looks like a rebrand to "The Beast".

Advertisement