Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview at Indeed - What to wear

Options
  • 24-02-2017 11:06am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11

Hi Guys,

Have and interview at Indeed coming up. I understand Indeed's dress code is smart casual and in the email inviting me to the interview the recruiter mentioned that the company was smart casual dress code.

Just wondering what people think would be acceptable attire for this kind of interview.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭3DataModem

For smart casual I'd go fully smart other than tie.

E.g. Suit with no tie, or jacket and trousers with no tie. Collared shirt.

If you're a girl, then I've no idea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 JeffL1

Male, just for future reference

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

This question always comes up.

Suit, always a suit unless the job entails manual handling etc.

The smart casual is the day to day dress code, not the interview dress code. You can always take the tie and jacket off but you can't put a tie and jacket on if you leave them at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Suit. And tie unfortunately. Society says so.

Few better feelings however than finishing an interview, removing the tie, loosening the top button on your shirt, and walking out the door like George Clooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

My job is jeans and shirt - even though I am in an office generally but could be on sites, etc also. At the interview I wore suit and tie even though I knew even the owner wears jeans, etc. There 18 months now and he has said even though it's casual the suit at the interview showed I was taking it seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Etc

Wear a suit and tie. First impressions do count, regardless of role. Smart casual is when you get the role. Good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 82,237 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Suit and tie, you will be top of the food chain with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,154 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I was at Indeed the other week when they were making their big jobs announcement!

Lovely atmosphere there and a very casual look/feel about the place.

But I would never, ever turn up for a formal interview other than fully suited and booted. Far better to be overdressed than underdressed.

Best of luck with it, seems like a lovely place to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Arcade_Tryer

Mr.S wrote: »
    Depending on the company, that isn't totally true.

When interviewing for a previous job, I was specifically told by the in-house recruiter that coming fully suited might not be the best idea (I bought up dress code) due to 'culture fit' :pac:

I think the 'always wear a suit no matter the role' mentality is going out as well, I know in my place, wearing a suit to an interview means 0. Performing well in the interview does.

Obviously this all depends on the company and role, not saying you shouldn't wear a suit to any interview!
    Generally you are not going to be marked down for being overdressed i.e. a suit and tie.

Any company that does mark a candidate down for wearing a suit to an interview, unless explicitly informing candidates beforehand that that would happen, are simply dicks.

Advertisement