Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fence advice and briars

Options
  • 24-02-2017 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi guys. Looking for a bit of advice here. The abandoned field beside our house It's overrun with briars and nettles. These have started growing through the gaps in our fence. Is there anything I can do to prevent this besides cutting back the briars on the opposite side of the fence. I've seen some fences with a green mesh on them. Will this prevent it.

Cheers

Kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

The plants will grow through whatever is there unless it is solid. Either get your strimmers/slash-hook and clear the briars or get someone who has the gear and nous for spraying to give it a shot in a few weeks. Anything that a plant can attach itself to and use as support, it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Driver2016

Roundup is a good spray for that do it on dry day and three weeks time again that would stop them growing

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

I'm faced with a similar problem and have sprayed Roundup on briars many times to no avail, they just keep on coming. I have been advised to try Grazon 90, or Vitax SBK.
    I intend trying the SBK this year and wi9ll report my results on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Cheers I'll try the vitax sbk and see how it goes. Seen some good reviews online relating to it

Advertisement