Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl Powerwasher back in next week

• 24-02-2017 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=1031

€99 for a 450l/hr 150 bar washer and accessory kit with decent warranty. Not a Lavor 160, granted, but a very powerful piece of kit nonetheless and a great time of the year to purchase.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Would the accessories for this work on a Karcher? Thinking of the surface cleaner for patios in particular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Would the accessories for this work on a Karcher? Thinking of the surface cleaner for patios in particular.

Nope. Different fittings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Any opinion on the petrol ones? Need something a little bit more powerful than the karcher I use to have. The plastic broke internally and it was to costly to repair properly.

gerfmurphy wrote: »
    Any opinion on the petrol ones? Need something a little bit more powerful than the karcher I use to have. The plastic broke internally and it was to costly to repair properly.

Which model Karcher did you have? If you do not remember, how long ago and roughly how much did it cost you at the time? Various models in the Karcher line-up but just for comparison, this Lidl unit would have similar specs to the current K5 (which costs over €300 to buy)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

I had the very same problem with my Karcher, this petrol one looks interesting alright.

• Advertisement

I had one of the basic models, so this electric would be a serious improvement. Do they come with a 3 year warranty like the lidl stuff usually does

I had one of the basic models, so this electric would be a serious improvement. Do they come with a 3 year warranty like the lidl stuff usually does
    Thats always been the case so I'd say so. But we'll know for sure next week. Just for information folks:

Lidl used to sell a great powerwasher (Lavor 160) for around the 100 quid mark and it was an exceptional piece of kit. The newer models are not quite as well put together but my experience with them has been positive; great pressure and 2 lances. Best advice I can give to any potential buyers is:

a) Go easy with the hose as it is not of comparable build quality to a Karcher hose and if abused will kink badly and potentially fray. Again, it'll work perfectly well, just exercise a bit of care and it'll be fine.

b) Keep receipt for any warranty issues in a safe place.

Apart from that, it's a great price for a 2.1kw motor with 150bar/450l/hr washer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Thanks for the heads up on this

Petrol one might still suit better anyone have one or have some info on them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Petrol one might still suit better anyone have one or have some info on them?

Generally these non branded ones will be Chinese clone engines that you'll spend more time getting to start than using.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I've one of the Lavor ones, bought in Lidl about 2010. Still going strong.
    The only trouble I ever had was when the lance trigger developed a leak, about three years ago. It was near the junction where you attach the various types of lance and apparently a very common problem judging by feedback on the web.
    Anyway, I got a replacement trigger (in which the vulnerable weak point causing the issue was reinforced) off the main dealer in Germany via eBay for about €18 and it's been going tickety boo since.
    Highly recommend the Lidl washers. Nothing comes near them in bang for buck IMO.

Tip: wrap a cable tie around the trigger and tighten when triggered ON. Then simply slide upwards to turn lance off. Works wonders to avoid hand cramp.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

My experience with non Karcher power washers was that they didnt focus the water stream narrowly enough (depsite adequate bar rating) and therefore lacked that sort of "blade" effect to remove built up dirt right back to the concrete. If you went really close it would lift the dirt but the area was so small you would be weeks where you would be hours with a Karcher. For some reason I remember a good Karcher I used with a rating of 130 bar so that would be minimum spec I feel. This one is 150 bar as OP says but without the focus on the lance Im dubious. Anyone have thoughts on this?

I would recommend a Nilfisk washer, but you won't get one with a similar bar rating for the money.
    I have mine 7 years and it's still good as new. Mine is a c120 which is good enough for decking/paths/car but obviously not as powerful as a petrol one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I would recommend a Nilfisk washer, but you won't get one with a similar bar rating for the money.
    I have mine 7 years and it's still good as new. Mine is a c120 which is good enough for decking/paths/car but obviously not as powerful as a petrol one.

What is the motor like in c120. . I have had 2 c110 in two years both packed up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

I bought the c120 with accessory kit from amazon last week delivered all in £104 . Good washer , lots of accessories and replacement parts on the Amazon. I'd recommend it as a handy washer for Windows, fences, footpaths , car washing and patios. Not too powerful to do damage but cleans well at a nice pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Would this not be better value? Shorter hose but more pressure.
    https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7420377/Trail/searchtext%3EKarcher.htm

Car99 wrote: »
    I bought the c120 with accessory kit from amazon last week delivered all in £104 . Good washer , lots of accessories and replacement parts on the Amazon. I'd recommend it as a handy washer for Windows, fences, footpaths , car washing and patios. Not too powerful to do damage but cleans well at a nice pace.

It the motor loud on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Anyone know if the surface cleaner will fit an ROK pressure washer?

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7420377/Trail/searchtext%3EKarcher.htm

Not nearly in the same league power wise to the Lidl offering. It's only the K2. You'd need K5 to be in the same ballpark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

[/QUOTE] Is the motor loud on it?[/quote]

No its very quiet , I was surprised at how quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I actually also have this model as well as my Lidl washer, though I bought it cheaper from Amazon for about €60 last year, and without the patio cleaner accessory which I didn't need anyway.

The Karcher K2 is much smaller than the 150 bar from Lidl/Lavor , and it certainly is a very decent little washer. (I can't comment on it relative to the Nilfisks as I've not had any experience with these)
    Think it is rated at 110 bar. Its size is very handy for working on higher places, such as on gable walls, as you can bring it up a step ladder fairly easily. Basically getting to places where that bit of extra power in the bigger Lidl machine is negated by the larger size, wheels, hose winding reel etc. simply being more awkward in such a scenario.

The K2 construction seems to consist nearly all of plastic moulded parts, including, from what I could see without disassembly, most of the parts around the pump/compression/motor area. So I have been particularly careful to drain it thoroughly after usage, as I think this would make it very vulnerable to frost damage if any water remained inside.
    The attachment of the pressure hose to the trigger handle is also a completely plastic "snap together" affair, as opposed to to a metal fitting with a ~16 or 17mm nut.

But the pressure out of it surprised me actually, although not as much of a blast as the 150 bar Lavor, it is definitely far superior to what I expected for a €60 investment.

Still if it came down to an either/or where I could have the K2 with patio cleaner from Argos for €108.50, or the Lidl 150 bar for €100 with option of patio cleaner for €20 more, I'd probably still lean towards the one from Lidl for the bang per buck.

cena wrote: »
    It the motor loud on it?

Its not too bad. I wouldn't call it quiet but it's not excessively loud. The ma N reason I went with it is they have a lot more metal innards than a comparable Karcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Yes. Not plug and play though - adapter's needed, a tenner on ebay. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

duridian wrote: »
    I actually also have this model as well as my Lidl washer, though I bought it cheaper from Amazon for about €60 last year, and without the patio cleaner accessory which I didn't need anyway.

The Karcher K2 is much smaller than the 150 bar from Lidl/Lavor , and it certainly is a very decent little washer. (I can't comment on it relative to the Nilfisks as I've not had any experience with these)
    Think it is rated at 110 bar. Its size is very handy for working on higher places, such as on gable walls, as you can bring it up a step ladder fairly easily. Basically getting to places where that bit of extra power in the bigger Lidl machine is negated by the larger size, wheels, hose winding reel etc. simply being more awkward in such a scenario.

The K2 construction seems to consist nearly all of plastic moulded parts, including, from what I could see without disassembly, most of the parts around the pump/compression/motor area. So I have been particularly careful to drain it thoroughly after usage, as I think this would make it very vulnerable to frost damage if any water remained inside.
    The attachment of the pressure hose to the trigger handle is also a completely plastic "snap together" affair, as opposed to to a metal fitting with a ~16 or 17mm nut.

But the pressure out of it surprised me actually, although not as much of a blast as the 150 bar Lavor, it is definitely far superior to what I expected for a €60 investment.

Still if it came down to an either/or where I could have the K2 with patio cleaner from Argos for €108.50, or the Lidl 150 bar for €100 with option of patio cleaner for €20 more, I'd probably still lean towards the one from Lidl for the bang per buck.

That was a great reply. Unfortunately I seen them too late and bought the karcher. In fairness it did a great job on the yard and I actually liked the pressure of it for the car (not too much). Should have waited till Thursday but the yard is clean and she's happy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

joujoujou wrote: »
    Yes. Not plug and play though - adapter's needed, a tenner on ebay. :)

Do you know if there are Nilfisk adaptors? I've had a nilfisk c110 which has been great for the last 8 years buts it just failed on me this week.

I'm struggling to find anything appropriate on eBay etc but I may be searching incorrectly.

I have a snowfoam lance for it and I'd rather keep that.

I've been looking at the c120 but this park side is hard to look past for the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭mikewest

PaulKK wrote: »
    Do you know if there are Nilfisk adaptors? I've had a nilfisk c110 which has been great for the last 8 years buts it just failed on me this week.

I'm struggling to find anything appropriate on eBay etc but I may be searching incorrectly.

I have a snowfoam lance for it and I'd rather keep that.

I've been looking at the c120 but this park side is hard to look past for the money.
    There are only a few different sized high pressure hose connectors in metric (screw type) and I think 3 in American sizes but they rarely travel this side of the Atlantic. You can get adaptors for all sizes sometimes on things like extension hoses in Lidl or on Ebay if that fails. Quick connect adaptors are the most difficult but again there are very few types in reality and most often you can screw off the quick connect and use a threaded adaptor .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

PaulKK wrote: »
    Do you know if there are Nilfisk adaptors? [...]

I bought nilfisk to karcher and karcher to nilfisk adapters some time ago, so I think they're still available. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Are these available yet or is it next Thursday

• Advertisement

soundsham wrote: »
    Are these available yet or is it next Thursday

Thursday 2nd March

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I've purchased 3 Lidl washers over the last 10 years, never again, they outlast the warranty but they don't last long enough, and not worth repairing imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭wolfe

hired a brilliant petrol washer for €30 on friday. spent the day cleaning kerbs and concrete around the house. lidl selling a much poorer version for €240. i have bought a load of stuff from lidl such as hedgecutters etc..... they never last. Friend advised me to hire anything i need as it would be cheaper in the long run and i think hes right.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭bergipau

I bought one of these last year. It is definitely good value at that price. The patio cleaner is also good, just make sure there are no stones where you are washing, a big stone would make bits of it.

Mine didn't have a foamer and I'd like to get one, anyone know what foamers will fit it?

bergipau wrote: »
    I bought one of these last year. It is definitely good value at that price. The patio cleaner is also good, just make sure there are no stones where you are washing, a big stone would make bits of it.

Mine didn't have a foamer and I'd like to get one, anyone know what foamers will fit it?

For snow foam?

For snow foam?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Blankety

I see the petrol washer is €249 in Ireland and £180 (€216 @ 0.83) in UK.

I suppose Lidl did warn us, its advertised as " Clever Cleaning from Thursday 2nd March"

Blankety wrote: »
    I see the petrol washer is €249 in Ireland and £180 (€216 @ 0.83) in UK.

I suppose Lidl did warn us, its advertised as " Clever Cleaning from Thursday 2nd March"

You can make the same case for any UK stores/retailers that have branches here. Always been the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone have/had the petrol washer know if its worth it or point in the direction of a petrol one for domestic use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭jodaw

Was really tempted by this machine due to the convenience of electric over petrol and the amount of accessories available.

I have however spotted that this machine is not 150bar. It is in fact max pressure 150bar and rated pressure of 110bar. So it is 110bar.

I have to clean a fair amount of moss and mould growth of concrete and stone and i am not sure this machine would be up to it.

I have been offered a 7hp Max pressure(250bar) Rated (180bar) for not much more than this.

Would petrol be the way to go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

5500 wrote: »
    Anyone have/had the petrol washer know if its worth it or point in the direction of a petrol one for domestic use?

If your not going to need the petrol one too often they are €35 per day to rent where I'm living.
    A lot easier to pick one up on a sat use in my place and the mothers and hand back on Monday for €35 without storage and any other problems with up keep.
    Horses for courses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭sok2005

Just an fyi. I picked up the €99.99 power washer in Lidl, Ballincollig, Cork this morning. I counted 6 others on the floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Is the patio washer any better than just using a lance. I've a couple of smooth slabs where I think it may be of use but would it be of any use on a concrete driveway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Picked one up as well. Give it a blast over the weekend and see how it goes.

Slunk wrote: »
    Is the patio washer any better than just using a lance. I've a couple of smooth slabs where I think it may be of use but would it be of any use on a concrete driveway?

I found it really useful and I have used it on concrete foot paths and patios

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

I had a Lidl Parkside power washer and I sold it on and bought a Nilfisk C120. The difference in quality is night and day. While the Parkside is 150bar - that's the maximum bar. The C120 has a nominal pressure is 120 Bar. What's the difference you ask? Well the Lidl one does 450l/hour and the Nilfish does 440l/hour. The Nilfisk has a metal pump - those complaining about cheap Karchers going pop is because they have plastic pumps. If it get below freezing then any water left in the pump expands and they crack.

The Nilfisk C120 is on Amazon at the moment for £109 including a patio cleaner

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AGD5IFI/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭6541

stimpson wrote: »
    I had a Lidl Parkside power washer and I sold it on and bought a Nilfisk C120. The difference in quality is night and day. While the Parkside is 150bar - that's the maximum bar. The C120 has a nominal pressure is 120 Bar. What's the difference you ask? Well the Lidl one does 450l/hour and the Nilfish does 440l/hour. The Nilfisk has a metal pump - those complaining about cheap Karchers going pop is because they have plastic pumps. If it get below freezing then any water left in the pump expands and they crack.

Am very tempted on this, how would this work on on Parcel Motel ?

6541 wrote: »
    Am very tempted on this, how would this work on on Parcel Motel ?

No need as it's Prime, so free delivery to Ireland.

stimpson wrote: »

It's 135.38 euro fo those who can't be bothered to look it up

cena wrote: »
    It's 135.38 euro fo those who can't be bothered to look it up

€127 with Revolut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Nikfisk c120 been down around the £80-£90 regularly in the past year if you're not in a panic its worth putting a watch on camelcamelcamel

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Nilfisk-X-Tra-Accessory-Pressure-Washer/product/B00AGD5IFI

• Advertisement
Advertisement