Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snipperclips

Options
  • 24-02-2017 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,356 ✭✭✭✭

Snipperclips – Nintendo Treehouse: Live with Nintendo Switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEU2ZqpnBk0

Snipperclips - Basketball Gameplay (Nintendo Switch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BukKdqIU5VY

Snipperclips – Cut it out, together! - Blitz Mode (Nintendo Switch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaKQu2dmqcE

Snipperclips – Cut it out, together! - Party Mode (Nintendo Switch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqIHb5YKIGY

"When it comes to solving puzzles, it's often said that two heads are better than one, and families and friends of all ages can put that to the test by giving Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! a go when it launches on Nintendo eShop for the brand new Nintendo Switch console on 3rd March 2017. A special limited bundle containing two additional Joy-Con controllers and a download code for the game will also become available at retail from 10th March.

Snipperclips arrives as a launch title for Nintendo Switch, the brand new console by Nintendo that transforms to suit players' situation, allowing them to enjoy their games anytime, anywhere, with anyone.

A breakout hit at Nintendo Switch hands-on events around the world, Snipperclips is a charming puzzle game that encourages players to communicate, cooperate and think creatively in order to overcome the various brain-teasing challenges on offer. When playing together, each player will hold their Joy-Con horizontally and cut each other's paper characters, Snip and Clip, into new shapes to solve all sorts of puzzling situations. Developed by London-based indie developer SFB Games in partnership with Nintendo, it requires up to four players to work together – or compete against each other – across three main game modes: think creatively to puzzle your way through a WORLD of fun (1-2 players, cooperative), invite more players to join and get a PARTY started (2-4 players, cooperative), or go up against each other in a frenetic, fast-paced BLITZ match (2-4 players, competitive).

Those looking to share the joy of puzzle-solving with additional friends or family members can check out the special limited Joy-Con bundle coming to retail on 10th March, which contains a set of two coloured Joy-Con (neon red/neon blue), along with a download code for Snipperclips. Players will surely soon discover that not just two, but three, or even four heads can be better than one!

Additionally, Nintendo Switch owners will be able to try out the game free of charge, as a downloadable demo version will be available on Nintendo eShop from 3rd March.

How will your powers of cooperation and puzzle-solving shape up? Find out on 3rd March, when Snipperclips - Cut it out, together! launches on Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch for £17.99 / €19.99. A special limited bundle containing a pair of Joy-Con controllers and a download code for the game will be available from 10th March."

Source: Nintendo UK PR
    C5bQ_8vXMAIzXTm.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

I'm getting this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,356 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I can already hear the arguments when somebody decides to cut my character to shreds just as we're about to solve a puzzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

That_Guy wrote: »
    I can already hear the arguments when somebody decides to cut my character to shreds just as we're about to solve a puzzle.

You can reform yourself by holding down a button i forgot the name of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Played it tonight for about an hour with the kids. Great fun. Really love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Mr E wrote: »
    Played it tonight for about an hour with the kids. Great fun. Really love this game.

Played for a bit with the missus until we got to the part with the 3 balloons, didn't know what to do there so kind of gave up, we will definitely go back but the general idea is very good and I can see mayhem over the joycons... :)

Snip some pointy spikes. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Played some coop of this last night. It's such a great little game concept. Brilliant stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Played the demo, think I'll have to get this. It's stupidly fun in two player. Both trying to cooperate and sabotaging each other for no reason other than it's funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Had a go of the demo there, those bloody balloons!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Watching the parents play this was fúcking hilarious. They might have to have divorce papers at the ready. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Great game - the kids love although spend most of the time cutting lumps out of each other (just like real life..).
    Well worth the 20 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Really enjoying this. Beat the first world co-op in our first sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Curious how much is actually in this and if its worth the 20 euro?

Probably 3-4 hours to see everything if you're playing it properly (more if one or more players prefers to cause chaos). Multiply that by how many friends you have and hopefully you see that €20 is good value.

There are 66 levels (45 single player/two player co-op) and 21 co-op puzzles designed for two to four players. There are also three mini-games.

If you're playing on your own, I wouldn't recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Mr E wrote: »
    Probably 3-4 hours to see everything if you're playing it properly (more if one or more players prefers to cause chaos). Multiply that by how many friends you have and hopefully you see that €20 is good value.

There are 66 levels (45 single player/two player co-op) and 21 co-op puzzles designed for two to four players. There are also three mini-games.

If you're playing on your own, I wouldn't recommend it.

Yeah only gonna play co-op with the OH, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Dont forget it comes "free" with a 2nd set of Joy-Cons as of today/tomorrow (check the box front for the little 'splosion) so if you needed a little extra push to convince you to get the contra-neon set for an even all-blue Switch, or if you're sitting on the fence about Bomberman because you have a progressive marriage and your androgenous lodger Igwie gets upset when you and the mrs cosy up for Snipperclips together, this could be what you've been waiting for.

Snipperclips “…Deserves to be Your Next Game…”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hnYAvIaxlw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

The kids love the demo of this, so want to get it. From what I can see it's about 6 euro cheaper on the japanese eshop, what's the process?

Change region to Japan in nintendo account, then add some credit? Do I not lose whatever I don't spend when changing back region?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I think the easiest way was to
    1. either switch your account to Japan or create a new account set to Japan
    2. Go to Japanese Amazon and create an account (it won't let you use your regular account apparently)
    3. Buy the download code

Haven't done it myself but this gets around being stuck with / forfeiting credit you can't spend and difficulties getting Ninty Japan to accept your credit card

Search HUKD - there was a thread a few weeks ago about it.

Advertisement