Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sepa transfer on Saturday and Sunday

• 24-02-2017 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi,
    I need to transfer money via Sepa (to Spain).  I need to make a few payments for the next few days as I can only transfer €10,000 a day.  Can I still make transfers on Saturday and Sunday?  Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

October wrote: »
    Hi,
    I need to transfer money via Sepa (to Spain).  I need to make a few payments for the next few days as I can only transfer €10,000 a day.  Can I still make transfers on Saturday and Sunday?  Thanks
    Hi October, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

As transfers are only processed on a working day, a SEPA transfer you make over the weekend will process on Monday and then take one working day. Your daily limit on 365 Online is €10,000 for a payee set up using the activation code sent to your mobile and €20,000 for a payee set up with an activation code sent by post. 

Any transfer you make after 3.30pm on Friday or over the weekend will be taken from your daily transfer limit for Monday. So for example if you make a transfer of €2000 at 6pm on Friday and then another transfer of €2000 on Saturday, this would mean you will have €6000 remaining in your daily  transfer limit for Monday. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

Thanks Sarah. If I go into my bank on Monday will I have a bigger limit than online? I transferred money after 3.30pm so that will be part of my Monday daily limit. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

October wrote: »
    Thanks Sarah. If I go into my bank on Monday will I have a bigger limit than online? I transferred money after 3.30pm so that will be part of my Monday daily limit. Thanks.
    Hi October, 

Yes you will be able to do a transfer larger than the daily online limit when in branch. Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭October

Thanks Sarah.

Advertisement