Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastest license issue....Ever?

Options
  • 24-02-2017 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭

For a change,let's hear how fast AGS can issue licenses.

I reapplied for my restricted CF pistol[Glock] on Friday last.7 days later I have the grant notice.
    Maybe it only took three court cases in the DC to get this service,but hey, credit where credit is due.:)
    So a nod for prompt service to CS Shehan in Henry St, Limerick from me.:)
    Anyone get one as fast?
    Maybe a bit of light at the end of the tunnel?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

I applied for a new shotgun licence on a tuesday, got the grant letter on thursday, went to the post office and paid, had it the following week, i couldn't believe it. But lets be fair, in this world of technology and (hopefully) efficiency, thats the way it should be really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

Meanwhile, not TOO far away - Essex, to be zackt, every new applicant for a Firearms Certificate has received a letter advising them that the wait for attention will be 42 weeks.

tac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

First .22lr rifle license. From dropping the forms off with my FO to having the rifle home with me took 10 days. Compare that to 6 months for my pistol license to come through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Got caught off guard with my last substitution after the previous one took over six months to process...applied with the new one on the 23rd of Jan received it in the post 13th Feb. Had to look under the armchairs to scrape together the balance due and the cost of a few box's of ammo:D.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Maybe a bit of light at the end of the tunnel?
    Nice one, delighted for you.
    tac foley wrote: »
    Meanwhile, not TOO far away - Essex, to be zackt, every new applicant for a Firearms Certificate has received a letter advising them that the wait for attention will be 42 weeks.

tac
    Don't knwo the specifics, but i seen a report about a month ago and David Cameron was fairly pissed renewals were beign delayed for months, so long in fact that i believe they said his license was either up or would be shortly.

Seems not even ex-PMs get special treatment.
    Got caught off guard with my last substitution after the previous one took over six months to process...applied with the new one on the 23rd of Jan received it in the post 13th Feb. Had to look under the armchairs to scrape together the balance due and the cost of a few box's of ammo:D.
    Heh, heh, heh. Laughed pretty hard at this as i got caught with the same thing myself. Like getting to the till at Aldi and no one ahead off you so you have to scramble to get your shopping out and back into the trolley as fast as Usain "the till girl" bolt can scan it.

Almost wish they'd have taken an extra week or two.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Submiited my renewal last Saturday at about 17.30

Grant letter waiting for me when I got home from work today, so 4 days if you exclude the weekend.
    TBF, my last 3 renewals have been processed and sent to me within 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭g00167015

Grizzly, just filling in an FCR form here myself for my rimfire.

Apparently, one of my referees has a DOB of 22 October 1898 according to the pre populated form :-D

Must say, he's sticking it well, bless him! Hardly looks a day over 40 :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

His name isnt Connor Mac Cloud is it?:P:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 47 alan155

Went in last Thursday week with a new application for an air rifle and also to ask about my semi auto shotgun renewal which had been sent in last August before expiry at end of august which was still being processed every time I rang as there was a new super,fo looked at my new application and asked how many guns I had so I told this would be 4 he replied that the new super might have some questions as he doesn't like people having more than 3 so I said I'm not here to please your super I'm hear to apply for a new license which I'm legally entitled to do and also to find out about my now unlicensed since August shotgun so he goes upstairs and comes back 5 mins later with the approved renewal form stamped August 28th so it had been there all along anyway I got the grant license 3 days later thought I might have got the new license for the air rifle at the same time but no such luck still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭BillBen

Put in my renewal on Friday evening and got my grant letter yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

I had one in 4 working days once. Got the grant letter before the acknowledgment letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭dquirke1

My last 3 applications (2 rifles and a pistol) took 3, 5 and 8 days respectively :D

Gotta hand it to the Guards in Tralee, they're on the ball:D:D:D

Continuing from my last post I got a phone call from my firearms officer with the following questions that the super wanted answered remember this is for an air rifle and I already have a .223,.17 hmr and a semi shotgun and have had a .243 in the past and my security is above and beyond wats required so these questions were funny
    1. Do I own my own land,answer no but I gave you same permissions as always
    2. Am I prepared to give up one of my firearms to get the air rifle:no as I am legally entitled to have 4 firearms,
    3. Am I a member of a gun club: no do I need to be?
    4. The super is very concerned about the number of "rounds"I asked for he thought 500 was excessive:answer does your super know anything about guns at all firstly there not rounds their pellets secondly I can ask the gun shop if they can count out 50 pellets from the tin of 500 if it would ease his mind,his reply was I'll get back to you once I give him your answers
    I have never had any issues before with the last super but this fella seems to be a right pain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Tackleberry.

Got my FCR renewed and back today, that's 7days including a weekend.. that's good service, but have to hand it to my local FO he is on the ball.. and great to deal with.👍

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭gunny123

alan155 wrote: »

4. The super is very concerned about the number of "rounds"I asked for he thought 500 was excessive:answer does your super know anything about guns at all firstly there not rounds their pellets secondly I can ask the gun shop if they can count out 50 pellets from the tin of 500 if it would ease his mind,his reply was I'll get back to you once I give him your answers
    I have never had any issues before with the last super but this fella seems to be a right pain

Believe it or not i did see a chap in a gunshop buying 100 pellets, he had pleaded with the super to be allowed a full tin of inert lead lumps, but apparently he would be a deadly threat to society if he got them. He used to have to go into the shop, buy a tin of pellets and then stand there like a spanner counting 100 of them into an envelope :rolleyes:.

Well happily my firearms officer rang me tonight to tell me that the super just signed off on it so happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭turismo2142

First shotgun license. Left application in on Monday. Had grant letter on Wednesday morning. Can't see how it could get any quicker than that.

Pistol license and restricted shotgun were...a different story however.

Advertisement