Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Names on Account

Options
  • 24-02-2017 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Myself and my housemate have the ESB account in both our names. This was setup by the landlord.

I'll be moving out. Is my housemates treated as a new customer even if he's named on the bill? Is it possible to give him access to what is a "joint" account?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Daith,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To confirm, would your housemate like to open a new account, in their name only?

If so, they may be entitled to savings as a new customer, but would not be required to pay a security deposit. The deposit would not apply if the current account has been open for longer than 14 months, and paid within Electric Ireland's credit terms.

For further information regarding savings, we would recommend contacting the Electric Ireland Sales team on 1850 305 090. They are available to call from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5:30pm on Saturdays.

Should you and your housemate wish to retain the current account that is at the premises, then both named parties may access the account. However, a name cannot be removed from an account once it has been added. As such, you would remain as the account holder, as well as your housemate.

If you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Daith

Ok that's perfect I'll let him know.

Daith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Daith,

You're very welcome.

If you, or your housemate, have any further queries please let us know.

We are available here on Boards.ie (as well as our other social media channels Facebook and Twitter) until 6pm, Monday to Friday.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement