Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Only about another 20 runs to find out for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

It's an awful evening out there was out for the last 2 hours wet windy and miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

It's an awful evening out there was out for the last 2 hours wet windy and miserable.

Turned horrible here to, got the grass cut just before it started so it can do what it likes now for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Bucketing down in Kerry for sure. Irelandsweather.com used to have a nice 24hr one line station total precipitation per hour but site down for while.now. any alternative for met stations bar ogimet?
    Next week looking more promising towards week end but margin for error this far out to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

Could have been some big totals today but rain is over 2 days so 30mm tops prob Valentia

Sligo is escaping too much. First 5 months all below normal rain n June 50per cent so far but a heavy spell Sunday or Monday will bring higher. Still we havent had any really wet day bar one in March n one May 12th/13th of 20mm and yesterdays downpours n even that only amounted to 9mm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

If this was the winter 2017 thread I'd still be depressed with tonight
    Disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 14,273 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Absolutely pouring out of the heavens in Cork City - looking at the rainfall radar on met.ie and the nearly the whole country is covered!

leahyl wrote: »
    Absolutely pouring out of the heavens in Cork City - looking at the rainfall radar on met.ie and the nearly the whole country is covered!

Is it moving through a bit earlier than expected ?
    Worst of it was predicted 2/3 hours from now but looks like this is it before clearing east
    At least I hope so

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

downpours here all evening and night, after a day of downpours yesterday and loads of rain for past 2 weeks, this is quickly turning into a very wet June, possibly the wettest period of weather this year so far, it's certainly giving some of the weeks in February a run for it's money.

Hopefully things pick up a bit today. It's breezy and dull this morning certainly not in any way summer type weather. Most people have coats and brollies with them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Average June rain for here has been reached already just 10 days in. Total 81.1mm including 21.6mm overnight.
    Still cloudy in Waterford City but hopefully brighter conditions will arrive soon.

www.waterfordcityweather.com
    www.waterfordweather.com

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

brollies

Jaysus must be a habit of people in clonmel not to check the forecast!

Really though don't get your hopes up, it'll be windy as feck all day and even if you get a bit of sun it won't feel that warm.

Wait until next week :)

Lovely afternoon
    Breezy but warm with great drying
    I see the good spell is back on the cards from midweek as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Great drying out today, nice and bright, very breezy, and feels warm enough to me, grand day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Breezy but it's a warm breeze, 19 degrees at Shannon airport and several other locations. Not a bad afternoon

Sunny here in West Clare and 18.2c, but dark clouds in the distance.

Belfast reporting 20c, Dublin reporting 18c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Lucky that storm force LP stayed well off the coast with the trees so full this time of year. Even at 60 -65 km/h winds here last night it still managed to break new growth branches around the garden.

https://twitter.com/NWSOPC/status/873468970883534848

QWQTtMu.png?1

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Jaysus must be a habit of people in clonmel not to check the forecast!

Really though don't get your hopes up, it'll be windy as feck all day and even if you get a bit of sun it won't feel that warm.

Wait until next week :)

I'm merely commenting on the weather. Does everyone of your posts have to be laced with some sacastic unfunny comment. What are you 12?

I'm merely commenting on the weather. Does everyone of your posts have to be laced with some sacastic unfunny comment. What are you 12?

Jaysus and I'd have considered that one of my nicer comments.

Hope you'll get out the right side of the bed next week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gonzo wrote: »
    downpours here all evening and night, after a day of downpours yesterday and loads of rain for past 2 weeks, this is quickly turning into a very wet June, possibly the wettest period of weather this year so far, it's certainly giving some of the weeks in February a run for it's money.

The thing with February wasn't really how extremely wet it was 'cause it was a very unremarkably wet February (Ireland overall had 104% of the average February rainfall). It was the fact of the combination of the very dull conditions mixed with the on and off patchy rain that made it so terrible.

I'm not totally sure about it being the wettest period of weather of this year yet as the early part of March was quite significantly wet in many places but it is pretty close I think yes.

I still think June 2012 was far worse than how June 2017 has started off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

20 degrees at several locations on the 2pm met reports. Also a gust of 44 knots in Belmullet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Very windy in Galway with light rain showers after last night's torrential rain, never saw so much flooding on the roads last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

sryanbruen wrote: »

I'm not totally sure about it being the wettest period of weather of this year yet as the early part of March was quite significantly wet in many places but it is pretty close I think yes.

Just looking at the selective 28 period that I use, the current 'wet' period is more or less on par with the rainy period during the last 3rd of Feb into the first half of March (nationally speaking) with period totals equating to 116.5mm & 115.5mm respectively (data from Met.ie) I suspect, after last nights heavy rain, that the latter's total will rise a little tomorrow, which would indeed then make it the wettest period of this year so far.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

Its very windy in Sligo today. Blew me kid off the bike. And its 47knots in belmullet so not far off 35 or 40 here.

If this goes further North this weekend the sea ice near Norway n Finland is toast

The more or that that goes and the more ice gone near Greenland (lots so far with Foen effect producing temps of 8c North of Greenland) the less cold air in late July August so hence we may get warmer temperatures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Jaysus and I'd have considered that one of my nicer comments.

Hope you'll get out the right side of the bed next week! :)

Mod Note:

Final warning to both of you to cut out the childish on-thread, tit for tat exchanges. Put each other on ignore if you can't get along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

A decent enough day In East Cork, some low cloud and very windy but sunny spells and feeling quite warm. Back raining again now though!

Beautiful day in West Clare, not a drop of rain and persistent sunshine since 4pm. Beautiful evening, wind dying a bit too now. Much nicer than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Heavy fine rain here in Kilkenny city and completely grey overcast sky. Giving November and January a run for their money. I can feel my SAD kicking up a gear or is it down a gear. Is there no relief in sight?

Heavy fine rain here in Kilkenny city and completely grey overcast sky. Giving November and January a run for their money. I can feel my SAD kicking up a gear or is it down a gear. Is there no relief in sight?

Same here yesterday was a blustery generally cloudy day with frequent showers. Was out for a run this morning dull and very windy quite mild but certainly not summer running conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Showers from the word go here this morning, my picnic with the kids might be off..

Advertisement