Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Miserable in Galway, like a winters day with showers, windy and temp of 13 degrees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Raining again here very blustery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭squarecircles

i really hate these kind of Summer days in Ireland,when it goes down hill rapidly,and really deteriates into pig muck.

next week looks vile all along the west coast,particularly in coastal extremities.

i think its safe to chuck the rest of june in the trash heap.

hard to believe theres only 2 months of summer left and i imagine this will seep into early july at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Its a rotten day in Galway City - grey, wet, windy and just 13.5C :(

There's still a prospect of good weather next weekend and into the following week though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Was playing golf next door to Casement this morning and it sure was windy. Nice and dry but the rain has arrived now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

a cloudy wet afternoon here in Castlebar ,will be parked beside the fire in the local watching the irish game supping Guinness ...that kind of day....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

There's still a prospect of good weather next weekend and into the following week though?

It's continuing to downgrade and is a very mixed bag at this stage as in the temperatures and the position of the high but overall, no low pressure coming near our shores.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    It's continuing to downgrade and is a very mixed bag at this stage as in the temperatures and the position of the high but overall, no low pressure coming near our shores.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A really thorough outlook from Met today :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I just cycled to town in Dublin I don't think I've cycled against such consistent strong wind in a long time I'm bollocksed!
    I'm just holding on for a month in Spain in August and learning Spanish for a hopeful early retirement. This no summer thing drives me barmy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heavy squall here in Naas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

Heavy showers here In Tipperary all morning with blustery winds. The sun starting to come out now. Improvment from tomorrow with warm humid weather by midweek with little rain forecast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Some strong gusts in Castlebar today, closing in on 10mm of rain so far as well with 94% humidity.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yesterday was first decent and fully dry day of the month here, today it's back to cool, April like and very showery.

most of this week looks rubbish right up to and including Friday and the much talked about warm/dry spell looks to be confined to a very short period (1-2 days) next weekend. The eastern half of the country may get a good day on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Gonzo wrote:
    most of this week looks rubbish right up to and including Friday and the much talked about warm/dry spell looks to be confined to a very short period (1-2 days) next weekend. The eastern half of the country may get a good day on Wednesday.

YR has Dublin dry from tomorrow till next Monday, with average temps of 18 degrees.

I'll take their outlook over yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

YR has Dublin dry from tomorrow till next Monday, with average temps of 18 degrees.

I'll take their outlook over yours!

I wouldn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Met eireanns 5 day is pretty much the same as YR.

Not that they're infallible but I'll take their outlooks over the doom and gloom merchants on this forum!

Met eireanns 5 day is pretty much the same as YR.

Not that they're infallible but I'll take their outlooks over the doom and gloom merchants on this forum!

Shhhh, you're not allowed say that! :)

Went to Tramore this pm.Nearly got blown over to Dunmore East extremely blustery and hard to walk in. Squally showers. Who or what is YR? MET Eireann not giving a bad week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The high pressure just isn't going to stick is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

The high pressure just isn't going to stick is it?

Does it every really stick in June, July or August? I mean we get the odd day here and there, maybe a few days, but nothing prolonged really.

But what do we expect, our climate has more in common with Greenland than mainland Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yeah of course it does. :rolleyes:

God I hope the weather does improve, I'm starting to hear this moaning in real life too!

Today was fairly sh*te to be fair, 0.8mm of rain recorded here but it's just been windy and cold. Very unseasonal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Jaysus give over will ya - you'll talk us into a recession next.

who_ru wrote: »
    Does it every really stick in June, July or August? I mean we get the odd day here and there, maybe a few days, but nothing prolonged really.

But what do we expect, our climate has more in common with Greenland than mainland Europe.

July 2013 was prolonged. August 1995 was prolonged. There was lots of Summer months where high pressure has been prolonged.

Cools cloudy meh day here today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭squarecircles

does anyone know if MT released a summer forecast???

does anyone know if MT released a summer forecast???

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103555074&postcount=4464

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭h7nlrp2v0g5u48

High pressure to move up over us on Friday according to the Six One weather. Your one Joanne Donnelly from Met Eireann saying rain on Wednesday some showers Thursday and things improving Friday. Believe it when I see it..

Advertisement