Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cloud starting to burn off here in Wexford, nice and warm already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

15 degrees with driving mist and drizzle here in Galway City. I think I'll hold off applying the factor 50 for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm headed across the water in a couple of weeks.
    UKMO has updated it's forecast.

UK Outlook for Friday 30 Jun 2017 to Friday 14 Jul 2017:
    The end of June and early July is likely to bring a mixture of weather, with a cooler spell likely at first. Warm and largely dry spells of weather can be expected at times, interspersed with more unsettled conditions. There will be the ongoing risk of thundery outbreaks too, especially in the south. Temperatures are likely to be above normal for the time of year, perhaps with some very warm or even hot spells at times. There are signs that a more prolonged period of drier, settled weather may develop in early July, particularly in the west.

Updated: 03:35 on Fri 16 Jun 2017 BST

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Cloud lifting and breaking up here in Kerry and just passed 19C . Breezy. Looks promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

cloudy but mild in Kilkenny

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still cloudy here, but looking slightly less gloomy than it did an hour ago. temps risen to 18C and starting to feel mild.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gonzo wrote: »
    still cloudy here, but looking slightly less gloomy than it did an hour ago. temps risen to 18C and starting to feel mild.

Yeah similar in east Galway
    Drizzle stopped
    Not AS gloomy and similar temp
    Start of a nice weekend hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

22 reaching 23 on the car driving here in wexford.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

the forecast for here was 22C today, I highly doubt were gonna get anywhere close to that now with all this cloud unless it breaks up soon. Gone more gloomy here again and temps holding at 18C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

Gonzo wrote: »
    the forecast for here was 22C today, I highly doubt were gonna get anywhere close to that now with all this cloud unless it breaks up soon. Gone more gloomy here again and temps holding at 18C.

I think this will easily be reached. Looking at the latest satellite images, the cloud is just starting to break up now, over much of the country.

I'd expect fairly good spells by 4/5pm....plenty of time to get temps up, I would say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,212 ✭✭✭✭km79

highdef wrote: »
    I think this will easily be reached. Looking at the latest satellite images, the cloud is just starting to break up now, over much of the country.

I'd expect fairly good spells by 4/5pm....plenty of time to get temps up, I would say

Creeping towards 20 in east Galway
    Lovely warm breeze

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Clouded up again here near Tralee and dropped back to 18.2C from an earlier high of 19.4C

KX9JyJw.jpg?1

SO4Z9jH.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Consistent 26 degrees in Cork on the ever reliable car thermometer during a 40 min drive just now. Must be 23-24 realisticall.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Fermoy 24c (Moorepark)

very brief glimses of hazy sunshine just appearing here now. 19C now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Permanent cloud here in Navan, in fact there's always a permanent cloud here. Will get my solace when watching Le Tour shortly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Met eireann 5pm reports. Moorepark in Cork doing nicely 23 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

The irish heatwave has arrived in Galway cloudy and pretty chilly out there:rolleyes: forecast showed 22 degrees for Galway today i dont think so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Been a lovely day after a lightly overcast start in Waterford - 22.2°C maximum according to Micks website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

An absolutely gorgeous end to the day here in south Laois with it being mostly cloudy up till about 5pm....Not far off 22 c here at the moment:)

• Advertisement

Sun really only got going here from 6pm onwards. Reached 20C earlier making that the warmest temp today. Hoping for much more sun and higher temperatures tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

Now the sun comes out.

Jesus.

Go home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Beautiful end to the day here I'd say the first proper summers evening we've had absolutely love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

Sunday appears to be the worst of the two bad days in NW

Hope drizzle doesnt reach Lough Key as Im going there Sunday as a precaution for mist on coast

Last warm spell in May I went to Enniscrone and it was 12c but 22c inland

I fear a repeat...or worse but BBC has the drizzle only rubbing Donegal

was a very nice evening here and still warm here, but the day was disappointing overall with cloud and gloom sticking around far longer than expected. The sun made it's welcome too late for the projected high temps to happen. Hopefully the next week will see more sun and decent temps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

As above, it's giving 'page not found' on my phone?
    Could a mod take a look please?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

While your waiting:

Saturday, 17 June, 2017

Forecasts for Ireland

TODAY ... Rather cloudy this morning with warm sunshine developing in most regions by mid-day, highs 22-26 C. Some coastal locations will have low cloud, mist and cooling sea breezes with highs 17-19 C.

TONIGHT ... Hazy, warm. Lows 12-16 C.

SUNDAY ... Sunny with a few cloudy intervals, very warm (except for local sea breeze cooling). Highs 22-26 C but 17-19 C near some coasts.

MONDAY ... Variable cloud with longer sunny intervals by afternoon, somewhat cooler in Ulster and north Connacht with highs 17-20 C, remaining quite warm elsewhere with highs 21-24 C, slight risk of showers in north central counties to midlands. The shift to light northeast breezes will make for more robust sea breezes in Leinster that may keep highs around 20 C on the east coast.

TUESDAY ... Partly cloudy, warm, isolated showers or thundershowers (most likely inland south). Highs 19-23 C.

WEDNESDAY ... Warm and humid, heavy showers likely with some thundery showers by afternoon or evening. Highs 22-25 C.

OUTLOOK ... Although it will turn a little cooler and fresher by Thursday, some guidance suggests this change will be quite marginal and that temperatures could remain above 20 C once it clears up, with a more substantial shift to more seasonable temperatures near the weekend of 24th-25th or into the following week.
    While your waiting,

June is not often the warmest month of the year. I don't have long historical records at hand for Ireland but in the central England series, the last year when June was warmest month was 1970, and the frequency over 360 years of records is about 8%, including several cases when June tied with July or August. September was only the warmest month of the year once in that series, way back in 1890. It is more often July (55%) than August (37%) but their mean temperatures over that long interval of time are only 0.4 C deg different. June is normally about 2 deg cooler than July, so if this pattern continues July and possibly August would be a real scorcher.

My weather, on the other hand, was partly cloudy and pleasant but not overly warm at 17 C. Some dark clouds developed late afternoon but they failed to drop any rain.

U.S Open golf (in Wisconsin) may have some thunderstorm delays today, although not an all-day rain, and Sunday is expected to become sunny and rather breezy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Thanks for that..
    The dog might get a trip to the beach today!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Another misty, murky morning in Galway City:(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Gonna be a belter in Dublin :)

Is already.

Advertisement