Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

HighLine wrote: »
    We get 11 months of grey misery

We don't really.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Torrential rain in Donegal after yet another dull overcast day. Been a truly awful month here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    We don't really.

I do, my boss is an old grey miserable ****er.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

It's lovely and mild here in Terenure at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Oh goody.. another spell of having to look at people going around looking like bloated, purple faced cadavers. Roll on November.

Get out of it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Met Éireann:
    Sunday looks like a better day with sunshine and light westerly winds. There'll just be the odd shower but on the whole it will stay dry.

Current indications suggest the development of high pressure after the weekend with the early days of next week looking dry and settled and becoming warmer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

downpours here, water logging on driveway already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Horribly sh*tty day, high of 14c in high summer, where would you get it! Well Scotland maybe...
    Weather forecast now showing that from Saturday it should greatly improve, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Staying dry so far here in Wexford, it's overcast but warm enough.Good news with the forecast of improved weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

12C and pissing rain all day again, we get warmer days in the depths of winter. One the worst starts to summer I can remember here in Donegal

• Advertisement

Is the "drought " at start of june over yet ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yesterday was a great day here and the fine spell last week lasted about 5 days at most. There may have been 1 or 2 other good days before that spell, which makes 6 or 7 decent days in the entire month meaning June here was mostly unsettled, cool and at times very wet. I don't think Donegal had any nice days over the entire month making it a horrible, cool and sometimes cold, unseasonable first 1/3rd of Summer 2017 in those areas.

Lets hope all areas see longer, settled and warm spells during July and August!.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

This is how I would rate 2017 so far weather wise.

January: 8/10
    February: 2/10
    March: 7/10
    April: 4/10
    May: 9/10
    June: 5/10 (If I was in the northwest, I think I would rate this month a 1/10)

2017: 6/10

EDIT: Boring day here with overcast skies and on and off rainfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Much better day than yesterday here, despite the forecast being worse. Somewhat sunny since 2, temperature near 17c.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

km79 wrote: »
    Is the "drought " at start of june over yet ?

Might have been solved by this weeks rainfall, we were still in rainfall deficit according to the EDO by the middle of June:

combinedDroughtIndicator_20170611_home.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Same newspaper said on Monday Summer was gone back to rain again, today well let you decide, where do they get this from

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/625699/weather-forecast-heatwave-britain-uk-30c-sun-summer-september

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Same newspaper said on Monday Summer was gone back to rain again, today well let you decide, where do they get this from

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/625699/weather-forecast-heatwave-britain-uk-30c-sun-summer-september

and before the 2+ months of continuous Spanish plumes and African heat surges there will be the One and a half months' worth of rainfall overnight and lasting for 12 hours. http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/625522/uk-weather-forecast-rain-radar-outlook-european-monsoon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

I must say, i could easily switch the heating on or light the fire, feeling cold, breezy with a bit mist about

I will resist the urge

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I have noticed for the last few summers that it continuously feels pleasant and warm at night in Mayo after nightfall, hard to explain but a different kind of warmth and it seems to be getting stronger with each passing summer, usually have most windows in the apartment open and the bedroom one open 24/7.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Just home from Greece. Left last week on a lovely June summers day. Arrived back in October. Gloomy dull breezy overcast Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Absolutely tipping down in Waterford, all quiet until about 2 PM when it started then stopped then boom! Looks like next week will be dry though so we need this as it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭xper

Xenji wrote: »
    I have noticed for the last few summers that it continuously feels pleasant and warm at night in Mayo after nightfall, hard to explain but a different kind of warmth and it seems to be getting stronger with each passing summer, usually have most windows in the apartment open and the bedroom one open 24/7.

You're putting on weight. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭OldRio

Fire lit in the hearth tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

xper wrote: »
    You're putting on weight. ;)

Well something is well insulated its either the building or me :pac: cold never seems to bother all 11st of me in the summer at night.

the eastern half of the country is gonna be particularly cool between now and Friday night with daytime temps struggling in low teens. Temps should improve alot from Saturday onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Tomorrow weather outlook ??

vicwatson wrote: »
    Tomorrow weather outlook ??

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055579971/1/#post60486373

http://www.met.ie/?m=0

Plus AccuWeather, YR, all these tools at your service.

Jaysus the weather is so bad it appears to have followed me to tenerife as it's promised rain tomorrow night :D

km79 wrote: »
    Jaysus the weather is so bad it appears to have followed me to tenerife as it's promised rain tomorrow night :D

Where are you seeing that, some forecasts for the canaries are very questionable!

• Advertisement

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Where are you seeing that, some forecasts for the canaries are very questionable!
    Yr.no
    It's been showing light rain for tomorrow night since the weekend BUT its has also been showing daily max of 25\26 since I've been here and it's been 30 or higher !
    It is significantly cooler tonight though

Advertisement