Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Lovely evening, but too cool to enjoy. If only it was this sunny at 2!

Still, lovely to see.

Completely calm with clear sky and fog patches. Lovely evening, although I notice them getting darker already!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very nice day, feeling warm, 20C and hazy sunshine between the clouds.

may get warmer tomorrow then back to muck from Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Surprisingly cool despite the sunshine, 17.9c .... can't even hit 18 today! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Very humid and sunny but max was only 21.5 or so, felt so much warmer

• Advertisement

Maximum of 18.5c and no sun. West Clare

Calm, no wind, completely overcast. Any idea when I can actually get a nice sunny day here?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

JCX BXC wrote: »

Calm, no wind, completely overcast. Any idea when I can actually get a nice sunny day here?

July 28th but don't quote me on that.It's gas that only 100 odd miles east the temps hit 26 today and are forecast to hit 27 tomorrow. The threat of thunderstorms seems to have abated too.
    Wet weather coming into Ireland from the Atlantic on Friday too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

zerks wrote: »
    July 28th but don't quote me on that.It's gas that only 100 odd miles east the temps hit 26 today and are forecast to hit 27 tomorrow. The threat of thunderstorms seems to have abated too.
    Wet weather coming into Ireland from the Atlantic on Friday too.

the hot weather and blue skies stops near the southern and eastern Irish coastline, Wales and England 25C+ for next 2 days with South-east UK hanging onto continental heat into next week. The south-eastern half of Ireland will get some warmth tomorrow, as it did today, but will be a far more feeble effort of heat with lots of cloud compared to the UK mainland.

The heat is confined to London and the south-east UK from Saturday with the rest of the UK joining Ireland with cool Atlantic unsettled muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Is there much rain forecast from Friday onwards into next week,we have very little rain got here in tipp the last few weeks even though the forecast seems to b the same,staying unsettled

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

JCX BXC wrote: »

Overcast but in a very interesting way here. Very lumpy and dark looking mid-Level cloud covering the sky. Almost tornadic looking in fact. Much prefer sky-scapes like this to the empty, soulless, blue nothingness most on here seem to seek.

New Moon

• Advertisement

Is there much rain forecast from Friday onwards into next week,we have very little rain got here in tipp the last few weeks even though the forecast seems to b the same,staying unsettled

it's been unsettled here for weeks now, but not in a really obvious way. it's been grey, dismal, cool, sometimes windy and often light showers or drizzle rather than days on end of heavy rain. Today and tomorrow will provide some much needed relief then Friday we're all back to square one, dull, cool, some mist, light rain and drizzle, few showers. Nothing particularly wet but enough to annoy most of us who like warm, settled conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Gonzo wrote: »
    it's been unsettled here for weeks now, but not in a really obvious way. it's been grey, dismal, cool, sometimes windy and often light showers or drizzle rather than days on end of heavy rain. Today and tomorrow will provide some much needed relief then Friday we're all back to square one, dull, cool, some mist, light rain and drizzle, few showers. Nothing particularly wet but enough to annoy most of us who like warm, settled conditions.

Yeah I know what u mean,would prefer a good days rain and it to clear up then instead of this mist and odd shower,places very dry here in this unsettled spell!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Overcast but in a very interesting way here. Very lumpy and dark looking mid-Level cloud covering the sky. Almost tornadic looking in fact. Much prefer sky-scapes like this to the empty, soulless, blue nothingness most on here seem to seek.

The worst weather is the grey dullness that we get long periods of.No rain,no sun,just bloody grey,you'd lose all concept of time in it. Give me endless blue skies over that any day..... With good storms for the winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Waterford seems to be blessed, though too much so we need some rain, 5 mm on June 29th and nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭pauldry

Even though weather is getting unsettled again we may get away with a lot of dry weather over the weekend

Next week is looking like a make or break week.

If unsettled gets too established we may as well write off July but if the Azores High is allowed nudge in a bit we may get a settled week at end of July which is what I believe is more likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

We're getting a good spell of weather here in Wexford.
    Ground is very dry here not grass burning up stuff (grass is growing away nicely) but dry and warm enough that some people will be able to save hay without rain during this dry spell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Chatting to Engish friends in Bristol and Norwich,asking me is it hot 'over there'. All their windows open as its very oppressive,

Felt like autumn this evening,spine chillingly cold,all flowers have become stunted and anaemic looking, or have turned into rotten mush from the heavy rains.

Ya know its bad when collectively were all feeling it,not any smug weather gloating from anyone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Chatting to Engish friends in Bristol and Norwich,asking me is it hot 'over there'. All their windows open as its very oppressive,

Felt like autumn this evening,spine chillingly cold,all flowers have become stunted and anaemic looking, or have turned into rotten mush from the heavy rains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Overcast and cool in Donegal as per usual today though a lot brighter than of late, mostly high cloud as opposed to the horrible low stratus we've been plagued with for weeks.

Foggy in West Clare, dead calm, and 16c. Feels strangely mild outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Ya know its bad when collectively were all feeling it,not any smug weather gloating from anyone. :(

Not all of us! Sunny south east is certainly living up to its name in comparison to other parts of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭pawdee

Pissssssssssing rain here in West Kerry as usual. Absolutely miserable. Worst climate in the world never mind Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,577 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Stuffy and warm last night in Limerick couldn't sleep a wink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Teeming rain in Limerick this morning.

WEB_radar5_201707060845.png

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Comhra wrote: »
    Teeming rain in Limerick this morning.

WEB_radar5_201707060845.png

I have direct line of sight to the slieve blooms and it looks very dark down there

WEB_radar5_201707061015.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

It's gone very dark here now in Laois and is coming down quiet heavy...Looking at the sky would make you think that there is going to be a flash and a bang any second...I can only live in hope:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭pad199207

Large drops of rain falling here in Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,652 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

pawdee wrote: »
    Pissssssssssing rain here in West Kerry as usual. Absolutely miserable. Worst climate in the world never mind Ireland.

You need to travel more if you think that!

29c in London at the moment with no clouds whatsoever for a few days. Meanwhile drizzle and a thick layer of cloud here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

It's a nice summers day in costa del Arklow,some sun And currently a very muggy feeling 21.4c although the RH on my Davis is only 66% :)

Yesterday only got to 19.2c,whilst Monday reached 21.7c
    The high this year in the hot spell a few weeks ago reached above 26c
    No complaints whatsoever here in this part of the sunny south east:)

Edit now 21.6c :)

Advertisement