Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

23.9c ....... still can't get rid of that permanent blanket of cloud! :mad:
    edit: 24.2c now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

23.9c ....... still can't get rid of that permanent blanket of cloud! :mad:

23.9c and cloudy?!? Hardly!

Starting to think you are all lying to make us jealous here in the West. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Awful wintry day in Donegal, pouring down heavy misty rain, visibility no more than a few hundred metres

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Cloudy and very warm with 23.7c here also.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

18.6C in Castlebar, but quite wet with a moderate north-northeast breeze.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

26.3c in sun that would scald you here near Arklow
    I wasn't expecting this today!
    Happy out :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

23C here now, would easily hit 25C if there was sun. Sun tried it's best earlier but didnt last more than 30 or 40 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭squarecircles

initial drizzle,mist turning to light rain which is becoming more persistent,
    gloomy,no sense of any mildness,warmth or humidity,in a strong blustery
    breeze,utterly miserable.

2 weeks booked in the south of spain in august,no complaints.
    the irish summer can shove it where the sun dont shine,
    which apparently is in the west and northwest.

looking foward to those warm sunny days in late september and october
    before we head into spring in november and december.

Mt summer forecast was spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,213 ✭✭✭✭km79

initial drizzle,mist turning to light rain which is becoming more persistent,
    gloomy,no sense of any mildness,warmth or humidity,in a strong blustery
    breeze,utterly miserable.

2 weeks booked in the south of spain in august,no complaints.
    the irish summer can shove it where the sun dont shine,
    which apparently is in the west and northwest.

looking foward to those warm sunny days in late september and october
    before we head into spring in november and december.

Mt summer forecast was spot on.

He said the third week of July into end od August was to be sheatwavw conditions ?

Sitting at 26c here lads Shur it's only a short drive to Courtown:D

I see central Dublin is nudging 27c
    No complaints:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Mostly cloudy and breezy. Top temperature 24.1c AWS so far. Oak Park reporting 25c at 3pm and ME have revised today's max to 26c.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,213 ✭✭✭✭km79

Utter misery

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very unusual day here, it's cloudy and its very windy at times, gusty even yet the temp is now 25C and it feels warmer than that, went for a walk and everyone is dripping with sweat.

its so windy I can't even open the windows, a few weeks a gust broke the hinge on a window and it cost me a ton to get it fixed and I don't want it happening again.
    25.2c now and a max of 25.3c so far today, sun making an appearance. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Some good temperatures reported today. Got up to 20.9C here near Tralee with mostly cloudy conditions and occasional sunny breaks , pleasant to be out in .

Ogimet Max temps.

3Sw8usG.jpg?1

Peak of 26.4
    Still 22.1c at 740pm in glorious evening sunshine here near Arklow
    Heaven :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Ann_Landers

Gonzo wrote: »
    It's an amazing summer in the south-eastern third of the UK but everywhere else is similar to here.

Business as usual so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

The attached image from sat24 this evening probably sums up the summer so far

Edit: file too large for some reason! It basically shows clear skies in the se while the rest of the country is overcast

http://en.sat24.com/en/gb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭acequion

Some good temperatures reported today. Got up to 20.9C here near Tralee with mostly cloudy conditions and occasional sunny breaks , pleasant to be out in .

Ogimet Max temps.

3Sw8usG.jpg?1

While the day might have been reasonably pleasant in Tralee,you couldn't say the same for this evening. It's the third evening in a row that I've been caught in heavy drizzle while out walking.

I came back from Spain on Monday and while there have been worse summers, all in all the weather here [with the exception of Wednesday] is quite gloomy and depressing. It's just amazing to hear talk of glorious sunshine and 26 deg over in the south east. Good for them though, enjoy it you guys over there!

Meanwhile I'm eagerly awaiting getting out of here again in August.

Ogimet Max temps.

3Sw8usG.jpg?1
    The highest M.E. temperature today was 25.3c at Moore Park and Oak Park.
    The Phoenix Park at 25.2c wasn't far behind.

• Advertisement

Sunny spells now in Arklow and already 16.7c
    Light northwest breeze,often a warm direction here in summer!
    This is 75%

In the south east the frequency of dry land breezes lately which promotes the sun coming out in the lee of the hills is what causes the heat down here
    We had breakfast in the garden again this morning

There's been a consequent lack of rain (the other day we had a half inch that the ground drank like a parched desert survivor) here so apart from the excitement of possible thunder Tuesday,rain would be good

17c now

more sunny here compared to yesterday's wall of cloud. No breeze either, so feeling warm despite the temps being lower than yesterday. Could still reach 20 or 21C here later today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I walked back from Woodies with a 5 KG tub of compost and can declare it is bloody warm! :p

19C here and sunny but feeling warmer. Just after seeing the farming forecast on RTE and things look grim from Wednesday onwards, very cool and unsettled, plenty of rain, even Arklow won't escape it. So make the most of the next 2 days of warmth and relatively settled conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Gonzo wrote: »
    19C here and sunny but feeling warmer. Just after seeing the farming forecast on RTE and things look grim from Wednesday onwards, very cool and unsettled, plenty of rain, even Arklow won't escape it. So make the most of the next 2 days of warmth and relatively settled conditions.

I'll prefer the "plenty of rain" over what July has been so far for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Met.ie once again has a gloomier prognosis than the UK met office, who suggest Wednesday is more showers than general rain for Ireland

As for today, glorious now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Temps on a par with yesterday here in Wexico.Mid twenties away from the coast, my garden is a Suntrap so it is warmer again there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Nice and sunny today in Castlebar with blue skies and a slight breeze, only 18.5C but feeling quite warmer.

Met.ie once again has a gloomier prognosis than the UK met office, who suggest Wednesday is more showers than general rain for Ireland

As for today, glorious now.

perhaps met.ie have overcooked the cool temps and rainfull from Wednesday. BBC's outlooks is also unsettled but nowhere as cool or wet as the met.ie forecast.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Warm day to look forward to tomorrow with temperatures peaking late afternoon / early evening. Some high level cloud in the S and SE it would seem.

nBHkQSz.png

tempresult_xri8.gif

Advertisement