Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Tomorrow until Saturday looks disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Still above 20c here (20.1c), sun has well set and its incredibly warm for this time of evening. Sky is partially clear too!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

21 degrees here in Castlebar and a lovely sky to end the day just after 10pm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

11pm reports, Belmullet Co.Mayo 21 degrees. i would safely say its been a long long time since it was that temperature at 11pm

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Calm, cloudy and feeling very warm in north meath, the sun burn i got today could be a contributing factor in feeling very warm but i dont think so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Here's an interesting one on the 1am reports.
    Lowest and highest temps in the country are both in Co. Dublin with the stations only 20km apart.
    Casement 20C and Dublin Airport 14C.

EBJalPy.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

^^That Dublin Airport temp seems so out of place compared to the others around it. Weird.

It's horribly hot and airless in Clondalkin. The 20C at Casement seems about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

^^That Dublin Airport temp seems so out of place compared to the others around it. Weird.

It's horribly hot and airless in Clondalkin. The 20C at Casement seems about right.

It's correct anyway, down to 13c at 1:30am according to the Official airport METAR, and I see no reason to doubt that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Ah no, I trust their data for both stations. Just strange to think it's so cool such a short distance away when the 20C is very real here. Wish I was there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

JCX BXC wrote: »
    It's correct anyway, down to 13c at 1:30am according to the Official airport TAF, and I see no reason to doubt that!

No doubt it's correct, interesting anomaly though. I'm wondering why it's so much lower and I can't think of anything. Would love to hear some theories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭glightning

Given that the wind was from the SE yesterday, I'd say that Dublin Airport simply got cooler air from the Irish Sea whereas Casement had a slightly longer land track to it's east and the relative shelter of Dublin city to help keep it's temps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

First decent day with rain here since June 29th with 12.5mm so far today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

last night hovered between 20 and 21C all night, went down to 17C this morning and reached 21C here around 3pm. Temps dropping now with cool atlantic air taking over.

Last night was a total non-event in terms of thunder and lightning in this area as expected.

Nothing but muck for the next few days then hopefully an improvement next week.

Brightened up a bit last hour in east Galway
    Can turn the lights off now
    Depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I hate today in D7 - no thunder at all, miserable light rain instead of some exciting downpour, and the air is so humid it feels wet. I'd love some cool, fresh air right now.

Gonzo wrote: »
    last night hovered between 20 and 21C all night, went down to 17C this morning and reached 21C here around 3pm. Temps dropping now with cool atlantic air taking over.

Last night was a total non-event in terms of thunder and lightning in this area as expected.

Nothing but muck for the next few days then hopefully an improvement next week.

Models are showing dire, rubbish conditions for the end of July especially the ECM.

14.3 mm for ballyhause Cavan in 5pm reports !!!!
    Anyone up that side ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Some rough weather on the way across the country. Tons of rain and strong cyclonic winds especially on coasts.

tempresult_lzo8.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

A guide to rainfall as the LP passes over us from Thurs into Sat. Met Eireann talking about localized flooding Thurs and Fri and scattered showers on Sat.

tempresult_sqi8.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The next 5 days has the potential to be the wettest and most miserable spell of weather we've had this year so far. The rest of this month is also a potential write-off. Time to pack away the bbq's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Gonzo wrote:
    The next 5 days has the potential to be the wettest and most miserable spell of weather we've had this year so far. The rest of this month is also a potential write-off. Time to pack away the bbq's.

Your posts are more depressing than the weather ever is.

Your posts are more depressing than the weather ever is.

it may be depressing but it's fact, we've had very little rain over the past 12 months, only brief spells of wet weather but the next 4 days looks like it's gonna be very wet, no point in lying and saying it's gonna be nice.

it may be depressing but it's fact, we've had very little rain over the past 12 months, only brief spells of wet weather but the next 4 days looks like it's gonna be very wet, no point in lying and saying it's gonna be nice.

Very little rain besides February which was a drizzle fest for you and me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

At least it's interesting I guess

pad199207 wrote: »
    At least it's interesting I guess

Don't think I've ever seen the word "ghastly " in s weather forecast
    And it's for July :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭OldRio

Well this is very changable.
    Warm and sunny Monday and Tuesday.
    Shower rain turning to heavy turning to torrential rain yesterday.
    Warm and Sunny morning today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

You feel that? Its fresh air :)

OldRio wrote: »
    Well this is very changable.
    Warm and sunny Monday and Tuesday.
    Shower rain turning to heavy turning to torrential rain yesterday.
    Warm and Sunny morning today.

You call this morning warm?

I have not changed my rating for this July, it's still a 5/10 to me. It's just been extremely disappointing and last July was better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

So nice this morning with a lovely fresh chill in the air. Beginning to heat up now though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yeah felt beautiful this morning, even last night I stood out on my bedroom balcony for a while after the rain cleared through, the change to fresh air with a bit of an edge to it was great.

Advertisement