Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Galway, Mayo, Clare and Kerry
    Thundery rain leading to possible accumulations of 30 to 50mm in these areas.

Issued:Thursday 20 July 2017 07:00
    Valid:Thursday 20 July 2017 21:00 to Friday 21 July 2017 21:00

Ah jaysus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Lovely sunny day here near Arklow so far
    Currently 18.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭OldRio

sryanbruen wrote: »
    You call this morning warm?

I have not changed my rating for this July, it's still a 5/10 to me. It's just been extremely disappointing and last July was better.

Yes. Warm indeed. I was up outside working at 7. Wonderful morning.
    Showery at the moment but warm in the sun.

OldRio wrote: »
    Yes. Warm indeed. I was up outside working at 7. Wonderful morning.
    Showery at the moment but warm in the sun.

Yup It's warm out there in the Sun
    Not great if in the breeze
    I thought it very warm working in it this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It was feeling like Autumn this morning here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

sryanbruen wrote: »
    It was feeling like Autumn this morning here.

Same here, 10C when I left for work.

Bitter all day here, if ye think today is warm I think that says enough about Arklow being like a Spanish resort.

Yeah, warm for inuits!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Steady light rain at present here in Kerry, set to get heavy in a few hours and plenty to come in the next 24hrs.

uu2MwNJ.gif

KfzguF5.gif

tempresult_mqw5.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Strong winds along the S and SE overnight and moving up along the E coast tomorrow morning

tempresult_aen3.gif

7271_rfn1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Met eireann 3 hour shows heavy rainfall in the SW after 11pm
    3hr-rain.gif?2047

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fair whack of rain over limerick area now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

22:30 update

Today
    Tonight persistent and heavy rain over the southwest will spread northeastwards with the risk of thundery downpours leading to localized flooding. Lowest temperatures will fall to between 8 to 12 degrees with light to moderate winds but in coastal areas cyclonic variable winds will increase fresh to strong and gusty, especially along southern and eastern coasts.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow will be mostly cloudy with outbreaks of showery rain. In the west and north the rain will be persistent and heavy with the ongoing risk of thundery downpours leading to localized flooding. Top temperatures of just 14 to 17 degrees. Winds will be mostly moderate cyclonic variable but increasing fresh at times and in coastal areas winds will increase strong and gusty.

Rain that was light for much of the evening here near Tralee has turned moderate / heavy now 6mm since about 20.00, I expect it to climb quickly now.

Netweather

fLzEz5P.png?1

EDIT: Well that's another 2mm in half an hour so I guess you could call it persistant heavy rain here now :eek:

Chance of squall lines going through the SE early morning, especially Wexford I would think.

ikYD9U8.png

UfIegya.png

Some rainfall lately,

The entire month of July to the 18th I had a mere 13mm
    Yesterday I recorded exactly 14.0mm
    Today I've recorded 9.6mm, ad tomorrow I'll likely record alot more.

Only 4mm here since 8pm, we've seem to have avoided most of the heavy rain here so far.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Bitter all day here, if ye think today is warm I think that says enough about Arklow being like a Spanish resort.

Yeah, warm for inuits!
    To be fair I had a max of 18.2c this afternoon which in sun felt warmer than that as the sunshine was strong
    People used to working outside all the time have a different feel for what's warm and what's cold

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Radar says rain here but nothing falling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Autumnal😩

19.4 mm of useful rain since midnight
    Over an inch including yesterday's showers
    All badly wanted,here where the ground is rock hard
    I was woken to howling winds here near Arklow at some point but ignored it and back to sleep

Suns out now,pools of water on the concrete and drenched walls drying in the strong breeze
    Currently just 10.9 c
    Not bone chilling
    But not warm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

It's been absolutely tipping it down in Galway City for the past few hours. The centre of the low appears to be over us so it looks like there many more hours of this to come:(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

31mm of rain since midnight in Castlebar, been some squally gusts as well.

Friends of mine have driven from Dundalk down to Clifden in West Galway for a wedding today. Looks like it's absolute muck there at the moment glancing at the ME radar!

422938.png

Raining again
    Looks like the low may be wrapping back around us
    So depressing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

35.3mm here so far since midnight. Not raining all the time but when it comes, it pours.

Edit: Hourly totals at UCG since 2am:
    Last12_Hours_Rainfall.png

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

jacksie66 wrote: »
    Lashing rain here on the Clare, Limerick, Tipperary border. Nothing better then lying in bed listening to the rain on the roof.

Not in high summer though :(:(

It's just dire here in Tralee. Lashing out of the heavens and feckin freezing :( The type of dreadful summer weather that when we don't get it,even if we get no sun or heat,we think it's a good summer.

I had to round up all my lovely petunias and bring them indoors to protect them from the wind and rain.

Time to get on a plane methinks!

Reasonable amount of sunshine here near Arklow 17c and breezy
    No rain since early morning

Absolute PELTING in athenry again
    Make it stop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Lovely in Naas with decent sunshine 18c

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Staying in county Clare since yesterday and the rain hasn't stopped since 7pm yesterday. Looks like it's down for the day again raining almost 24 hours at this stage .

Advertisement