Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

What a day!

55.6mm just measured from the manual gauge since rain began about 19.30 yesterday evening here near Tralee.

More or less raining the whole day with big showers what seems around every 15 mins. Lost count how many times I got wet today.

Tomorrow looks a lot better and hopefully not too many showers, wouldn't mind going to Foynes airshow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Where's the poster 'Grace' or whatever her name was, anyways she used to give beautiful descriptions of the weather in Kerry or Mayo wherever she used to live.....?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

pad199207 wrote: »
    Where's the poster 'Grace' or whatever her name was, anyways she used to give beautiful descriptions of the weather in Kerry or Mayo wherever she used to live.....?

She got banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Enjoyed the downpours earlier on today. I seriously don't understand why a bit of rain makes people so miserable. We'd be nothing without it.

New Moon

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Enjoyed the downpours earlier on today. I seriously don't understand why a bit of rain makes people so miserable. We'd be nothing without it.

I just hate it when it's nothing remarkable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

sryanbruen wrote: »
    She got banned.

:-O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

pad199207 wrote: »
    :-O

She also moved to Mayo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Nice Sat Pic of the LP system from today.

NASSA

AHZpEUT.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    Looks like it is finally falling south

Spoke too soon
    It has spun around AGAIN

MOD NOTE: Posts deleted. Please adhere to the forum charter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

Oneiric 3 wrote: »

Ah jaysus come on! I know you have to make the best of a bad lot but saying we'd be nothing without all our rain has to be a classic.

I assure you we'd be plenty without it. Happier, for a start!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yer wan on dweather on (are te, i always called it or te
    e) said Monday would be beautiful but it was the weird one Joanna who seems to have weather turrets.

She just blurts out stuff randomly

Also hate when they say weather is going to be good as they do, as two days ago Sligo was getting 21c on Saturday with sun, then they changed it to 19c with a few light showers, now its 18c with heavy showers by evening.

Why not just promise bland normal weather and then when the day comes it wont be as disappointing when my kids birthday is raining. Though I did tell everyone coming that Met Eireann said its going to be 21c so the worst it will be is 17c

Also they dont seem to be as wrong on Saturdays as Sundays

Cant be as Wintry as today when it was 11c and 12c apart from 7pm when it shot up to 15.6c

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Love Joanna's informative forecasts, however she still needs some work on speaking on TV!

acequion wrote: »
    Ah jaysus come on! I know you have to make the best of a bad lot but saying we'd be nothing without all our rain has to be a classic.

I assure you we'd be plenty without it. Happier, for a start!

Farmers definitely wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Went from bone dry to flooded in West Clare. Serious amount of rain today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Fresh breezy autumnal feel again this morning hopefully it will pick up during the day. What's the trend for the next 7-10 days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

A nice morning in north Antrim

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I see Shannon was tops for rainfall yesterday, with 42.6mm.

km79 wrote: »
    At the moment next thurday Friday and Saturday is a repeat show
    Happy summer everyone

How on earth can you say that ? Weather forecasts lately have been so unreliable and unpredictable ?

I took last Wed off cos it had been forecast the previous week as dry and hot - it lashed rain all day and was cool.

Today was meant to be wet all day (forecast Thursday) .....but the sun is splitting the stones here in East Meath 😎😎😎😎!

It's crazy to write off an entire summer and be that negative - I think we've all had some stunningly beautiful days this summer - even my sister who lives in donegal would agree !!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

How on earth can you say that ? Weather forecasts lately have been so unreliable and unpredictable ?

I took last Wed off cos it had been forecast the previous week as dry and hot - it lashed rain all day and was cool.

Today was meant to be wet all day (forecast Thursday) .....but the sun is splitting the stones here in East Meath 😎😎😎😎!

It's crazy to write off an entire summer and be that negative - I think we've all had some stunningly beautiful days this summer - even my sister who lives in donegal would agree !!

I said "at the moment"
    By next weekend July will be over ........
    I dont live in East Meath I live in East Galway
    Same country different weather
    I've had this argument with another Leinster inhabitant before I won't have it again

• Advertisement

Fresh breezy autumnal feel again this morning hopefully it will pick up during the day. What's the trend for the next 7-10 days?

Fine up until Tuesday with well scattered showers. Looking unsettled again then with a very wet day on Wednesday in some places.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Well Met Eireann say heavy showers in East but to me Sligo and Ulster are not in the East and they are going to get showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭vegetables

pauldry wrote: »
    Well Met Eireann say heavy showers in East but to me Sligo and Ulster are not in the East and they are going to get showers.

anything that kills the pollen is good.

on my 15th dose of the sneezes this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

21C in Castlebar and feels quite close out despite the low humidity, makes a change from the last two days, its turning out to be a average summer here with a lot of rain and overcast days yes, but we have had some beautiful days and quite pleasant days peppered through as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Overcast but bright in Donegal with a few short sunny spells, not a bad day.

July is turning out ok here, a few shocking days but on the whole probably about average

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Raining here for the last 90mins or so, was a grand day up until that with plenty of sun

Still no rain here. Been mostly cloudy with some sunny intervals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Gorgeous start in Arklow,first pic was in town this morning
    2nd is just now at home
    It got cloudy around 4 pm and there was a 10 min attempt at rain that didn't wet the ground
    Currently 15.5c
    Max today of 19c

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Turned out to be a great day in clare. Massive improvement over past 2 days with warm sunshine and blue skies. Things finally starting to dry up after all that rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

Really nice day in Cork city by mid afternoon , that is 5 good saturdays in a row by my count.

Advertisement