Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Raining in Sligo

I dont bother looking at Met anymore much just for temperatures just sat24n judge myself

As it will be Met Erring.

Might drive to sun as Sat24 showing glorious sun in Mayo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

was very sunny earlier, gone totally cloudy now.19C. Hopefully clouds will break up for the afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Wall to wall sun here near Arklow
    Already 21.9c
    Via Dublin,there are buses on the hour:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sun making an appearance here again.

The outlook for much of the east and south of the country does not look too bad apart from Wednesday. BBC is mostly showing dry conditions and temps in the high teens over the next 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭acequion

Beautiful in Tralee. Very little cloud and warm. Hopefully twil last the day.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Carol25

Gorgeous day in Athenry, this is the third consecutive day of clear skies, temperatures around the 20c or upwards mark. Really hope this weather makes a return after the unsettled spell mid-week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A tad more cloud about in Castlebar today, but it is still 20C outside, it has been a very pleasant spell of weather the last 3 days.

23.4c :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Glorious day and getting up to 22.8c here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Another stunner of a day in the Costa Del Bray.....and Playa Del Arklow by the sounds of it. :D Trogdors station indicating a high of 26.3ºc

• Advertisement

Calibos wrote: »
    Another stunner of a day in the Costa Del Bray.....and Playa Del Arklow by the sounds of it. :D Trogdors station indicating a high of 26.3ºc

Aye the Barbeque is smoking away there,reached 24.9 here
    Still 22 :eek:
    Gloriously continental
    I love Ireland in Summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Was a very fine day again today.

I am loving summer 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Very wet tomorrow night
    Wet Thursday
    Very wet Friday
    Showery Saturday
    Wet Sunday

That's the current forecast for the last few days of July in east Galway, Ireland ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just back from a spin on the bike and it was glorious, no cloud, sunny and warm, have to say for me anyway, this summer has been very good, bar a few wet days here and there, its been mostly dry and bright, with a few cloudy days thrown in which i dont mind as its still dry

Will probably pay for it when winter rolls in.

reached 22C here today, tomorrow should be very nice as well. Had another bbq today, have had over 30 bbq's since the beginning of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Not a great day in Sligo. Got to 14.6c and mist. Lowest in Ireland. Even Donegal was 19.4c and Mayo over 20c
    including Belmullet getting 18c.

We had it good enough this Summer but I think our luck has run out and lows will be sweeping in most of the rest of Summer bringing rain or mist most days to the West.

pauldry wrote: »
    Not a great day in Sligo. Got to 14.6c and mist. Lowest in Ireland. Even Donegal was 19.4c and Mayo over 20c
    including Belmullet getting 18c.

We had it good enough this Summer but I think our luck has run out and lows will be sweeping in most of the rest of Summer bringing rain or mist most days to the West.

Saturday looks worse than Wednesday, there will be alot of rain Wednesday but it will be clearing very early Wednesday so most of us will be sleeping through it. Saturday looks terrible. BBC's forecast does not look good for next week with unsettled conditions everywhere and they haven't given any hints on when things will settle down. The only good point is that temps look mild and warm at times, nothing too chilly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Beautiful day here in Castlebar, in fact the past 3 have been great. however this Sunday is "reek" sunday so its going to rain all day long! wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Ann_Landers

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Whilst July may have been a bit poorer than I had intended

You... you make the weather? :eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Forecast from ME this morning not good, getting wet and windy, :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Gonzo wrote: »
    reached 22C here today, tomorrow should be very nice as well. Had another bbq today, have had over 30 bbq's since the beginning of May.

Did someone say Bowel Cancer?

Suns out in Arklow
    Feeling warm
    Currently 20.1c
    No complaints

Whilst July may have been a bit poorer than I had intended

You... you make the weather? :eek::pac:

Intended = expected going off of my methodology in forecasting.

Cloudy damp morning here.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

How do you know he wasn't making corn on the cob and veggie skewers? MYOB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Ann_Landers

Intended = expected going off of my methodology in forecasting.

Does not compute. 'Intended' is not a synonym of 'expected'.

Larbre34 wrote: »

How do you know he wasn't making corn on the cob and veggie skewers? MYOB.
    Mostly chicken, veg and fish. I try to keep red meat once per week.

Does not compute. 'Intended' is not a synonym of 'expected'.

Well I've been using it wrong all the time.... :embarrassing:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Another bright sunny day in Donegal, dead calm all morning with the sea like glass which is very unusual around here. Breeze picked up now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

22 degrees here in castlebar with a mix of cloud and warm sunshine. Calm. Nice afternoon

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

so for the next week and into the unknown it's looking terrible again?

Advertisement