Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Fine day here. Much better than yesterday for me which was dull and boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Id have thought the coolest air pool in summer would tend to be from the North or North west, so even with a long land fetch temps in the south east couldnt get that high from that direction?

South westerlies originating from Spain might be the best option.
    South westerlies are warmer here for sure but I've seen a 25 in a northwesterly in strong sunshine when the rest of the country might be 21 at best
    I'm talking about a returning northwesterly really as opposed to a Greenland source

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Another sun drenched warm dry day for Dublin. Becoming the norm at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

I thought it has been quite good in the west this year,

Its been alright in Sligo though the most changeable ever

Temps from Friday to today sum up this Summer in West
    Friday 13c Heavy Showers
    Saturday 20c Fair
    Sunday 21c Sunny
    Monday 14c Mist
    Tuesday 22c Sunny
    Wednesday 18c Fair then showers

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

after a sunny, mild afternoon, we now have a dirty, wet, blusterly, showery evening. Sick of the rain already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gonzo wrote: »
    after a sunny, mild afternoon, we now have a dirty, wet, blusterly, showery evening. Sick of the rain already.
    You are not allowed to complain about an evenings rain ;)

Friday isn't looking that great,did I see a system pushing east but reaching all of Munster and south Leinster now?
    Gonzo should be save this one
    I'll not complain as we desperately need the rain down here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Still some sporadic heavy showers coming in from the Atlantic, we have had 22mm of rain in Castlebar since midnight.

I've barely touched 5mm since midnight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Quite windy for a time along the Atlantic seaboard tomorrow.

Gusts

tempresult_qzq5.gif

• Advertisement

Sunny but much much fresher and windy
    14.3c

Meanwhile here's a suggestion for Gonzo's next staycation

The opening scenes could well have been filmed in Summer bay but no,this is cycling distance from me :)

https://www.facebook.com/theorphangirl/videos/10154995258101359/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

First unpleasant day in a while in Donegal, feeling autumnal with frequent heavy showers and a strong breeze. Quite unusual to have heavy ocean-sourced showers at this time of year

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

definitely feeling more like autumn this evening. almost cold enough to put the heat on put have a warm jumper on instead. The next few days look to be a bit milder than today thankfully.

definitely feeling more like autumn this evening. almost cold enough to put the heat on put have a warm jumper on instead.

I have my windows wide opened and I am sweating. Mind sending the cold over to me? :o Last night was beautifully cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Definitely colder tonight just shows the difference between those of us who feel the cold and those who don't. Syran how is next week looking especially tues to Friday thanks.

Not feeling cold here either
    High of 19 today,a few haymakers of showers but all in a nice day

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It's turned very squally in Castlebar in the last half hour , some moderately strong gusts out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Very like a squall line just passed over here, wind howling at the front of the house and driving rain.

Definitely colder tonight just shows the difference between those of us who feel the cold and those who don't. Syran how is next week looking especially tues to Friday thanks.

In summary, average to poor. Tuesday looks like being quite similar to the one just gone though cooler, much more average temperatures. Wednesday brings in a deep area of low pressure - unusually deep for Summer with gusty winds and I'd imagine it being quite similar to yesterday actually. Thursday & Friday are showery and blustery cool days. Strikingly similar to this week :pac:.

slightly milder today and sunny. A brief break from the unsettled conditions. The charts look disturbed up to mid August, maybe 1 or 2 nice days in between. Lets hope there is a sudden developing bringing a settled spell by the second half of August or early September.

• Advertisement

Dirty day here. Damp overcast and about 16 degrees. I've a feeling that's probably it now for the summer unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Dirty day here. Damp overcast and about 16 degrees. I've a feeling that's probably it now for the summer unfortunately.

Strange thing to declare in July!

MJohnston wrote: »

He could have declared it at the start of July for most of the western half and been more or less correct bar 2 two day spells

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

slightly milder today and sunny. A brief break from the unsettled conditions. The charts look disturbed up to mid August, maybe 1 or 2 nice days in between. Lets hope there is a sudden developing bringing a settled spell by the second half of August or early September.
    Yes, a few nice days with the pattern staying unsettled. I thought of a post I made two weeks ago when I saw above post. Old St Swithin gets it right again.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104089397

MJohnston wrote: »

Why so? August in Ireland is generally speaking an autumnal enough month bar the odd accession. Usually when our weather breaks and settles into this cooler unsettled pattern it tends to drag on. July has been a decent enough month but I'll be surprised if August is a repeat. We had a nice week in June too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

15 mm of rain here since 3.am last night. Looking at the radar sequence, it all came courtesy of a very narrow band of showers that have been driving through on the same narrow path for almost 12 hrs. In comparison, only 1.4mm has been recorded in nearby Galway.

New Moon

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    15 mm of rain here since 3.am last night. Looking at the radar sequence, it all came courtesy of a very narrow band of showers that have been driving through on the same narrow path for almost 12 hrs. In comparison, only 1.4mm has been recorded in nearby Galway.
    Noticed that alright
    Was predicted to be over me but not a drop thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

A real horrible day in Donegal today, frequent heavy showers, very cool and breezy, feels like late October.

July hasn't been a bad month here overall, a mixed bag but plenty of good sunny days. Would agree that one the weather breaks in August that's generally our summer done bar a couple of days here and there, it seems to have been the case in the past decade at least. We haven't had a good high pressure dominated spell in a while though so hopefully we'll get a good week yet.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Not many reports today from Playa del Arklow? :p

• Advertisement

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Not many reports today from Playa del Arklow? :p

Aye raining since one
    Running after calves that don't want to come in
    Decided no need for leggings when heavens opened even more
    Drowned

All the curses are working :p

Advertisement