Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Sun is out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Frequent passing showers here in Limerick. No electricity though.

Plenty of sferics showing up in the Eastern half of the country though.

20431740_10211301122496091_4880188263240345568_n.jpg?oh=c1d6f09a0bc694cd397edf18d2742cdf&oe=59FC5DB8

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Nice Sat pic of the LP off the NW coast and convection and showers moving across Ireland. Not going to move too far tomorrow.

wIv9eg4.jpg?1

vKLGoSU.gif?1

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yr.no given over 50 mm for Sligo overnight weds into Thursday morning
    Over an inch for me

Happy summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

No idea how much rain fell here today as I've a replacement rain bucket ordered but during the thunderstorm around 4 to 5 pm it was horrendous at times
    I was mainly concerned with the lightning though and am very impressed with this homespun storm
    It was up there with any hot weather imports I've seen in Arklow
    At one stage the lightning was literally every second for a few minutes when overhead with competing cracks!
    Not often you see that
    Epic

I'll shut up now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Moderate rain shower here atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Feels like summer is slipping away. Has been a pretty poor couple of weeks for what is the height of the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Feels like summer is slipping away. Has been a pretty poor couple of weeks for what is the height of the summer.

Absolutely agree with this.

Cool
    Showery
    Rinse
    Repeat

km79 wrote: »
    Cool
    Showery
    Rinse
    Repeat

With a torrential downpour now thrown in for good measure

• Advertisement

MidMan25 wrote: »

I mentioned this last week and drew scorn from people. Seriously today is about as far from a nice summers day as you could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I mentioned this last week and drew scorn from people. Seriously today is about as far from a nice summers day as you could get.

Well every bad day we get is a day of Summer lost, so you are correct and they are slipping by quickly now as the nights start to close in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It has been a stunning morning here so far.

No complaints ;).

I think this is the time when my forecast goes down the drain 'cause it's not looking good at all for it. The closest of a forecast to it I could see online is UK's Simon Keeling whom is going for a very similar month to June just gone.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

sryanbruen wrote: »

No complaints ;).

Not you too! :P

Fine/sunny in Dublin 16. But, not sure that will last long! 17.5c atm.

Here's an unusual one from me

Wheel barrow in the garden was full of water this morning
    No complaints :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Fresher breeze today, but a lovely sunny day in Dublin 7. Rain due later, but that's been forecast for so many days where it never arrived!

sryanbruen wrote: »
    It has been a stunning morning here so far.

No complaints ;).

I think this is the time when my forecast goes down the drain 'cause it's not looking good at all for it. The closest of a forecast to it I could see online is UK's Simon Keeling whom is going for a very similar month to June just gone.

Well I must speak for some parts of the country when I say plenty of complaints about today. Wet and cool. Anybody else out there getting this weather it can't all be costa Del weather

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Still continuing to be fine two hours later.

I'd honestly love a shower especially like yesterday's ones - those were beautiful.

Well I must speak for some parts of the country when I say plenty of complaints about today. Wet and cool. Anybody else out there getting this weather it can't all be costa Del weather

It's fresher here today (but dry so far)than the many much warmer days we've had in the coastal east and south east but pleasant so far in the sun with the temp hovering near 19c
    The Cloudscapes are wonderful with building Cb's visible
    The action is likely to be centre further north today but the tell tale clouds of a very unstable atmosphere are definitely there even this far south

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭OldRio

Torrential rain. Thunder. More rain.
    Dreadful day so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

as much as I hate rain and unsettled weather, yesterdays showers were exciting.

meanwhile back to boring normal unsettled Irish summer showers and dampness for the foreseeable future.

I will be getting my fix of hot sun in southern Spain before the summer is over so at least I've got that to look forward if this August turns into a write off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Found it chilly this morning on bike. Would be nice to get a couple more days sun but I wont hold my breath, 3 weeks in Spain on 20th August will be my summer fix, so please happen before then!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Mixed bag in Castlebar, some heavy showers and moderate gusts, but some good stretches of sunshine as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Gonzo wrote: »
    as much as I hate rain and unsettled weather, yesterdays showers were exciting.

meanwhile back to boring normal unsettled Irish summer showers and dampness for the foreseeable future.

I will be getting my fix of hot sun in southern Spain before the summer is over so at least I've got that to look forward if this August turns into a write off.

Chance of thunderstorms on Wednesday Gonzo as we draw in humid air. Not all doom and gloom.

Hopefully we get some some warm sunny weather in mid August which would be nice. I
    t will probably happen in September as per usual :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

esposito wrote: »
    Chance of thunderstorms on Wednesday Gonzo as we draw in humid air. Not all doom and gloom.

Hopefully we get some some warm sunny weather in mid August which would be nice. I
    t will probably happen in September as per usual :rolleyes:

we can always count on the last 3 days of August and first week of September to be warm and sunny.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Mild ( if not quite warm feeling ) muggy day in parts on Weds.

52kUwdG.png

tempresult_gld9.gif

Windy at times Weds into Thurs morning .

tempresult_kjv9.gif

A monster of a shower has appeared from nowhere
    Can't remember the last night rain wasn't bashing off the velux

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

John eagleton on radio 1 late night forecast saying it straight out "no settled weather for the rest of the summer holidays".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I'm sure this has been asked and answered alteady but from which site do you guys pull the charts??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Gavlor wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been asked and answered alteady but from which site do you guys pull the charts??

Netweather.tv is great for a lot of them, but I think some of the folks here have pro subscriptions for some of the more detailed charts.

Advertisement