Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Gavlor wrote: »
    I'm sure this has been asked and answered alteady but from which site do you guys pull the charts??

Here's a link to one of them:

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/arpege.php?ech=65&mode=11&map=330

Click
    Prarger on top of the l/hand column for animation.
    < Anim. >

and they do a good radar animation too:

http://www.meteociel.fr/observations-meteo/radar2.php?region=uk

and temps: http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/geme_cartes.php?ech=156&code=0&mode=1&carte=0&archive=0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Lovely morning so far in Arklow
    Great to work outside in
    No complaints :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

My ones come from wetterzentrale.de

Gorgeous sun here now,there's a burn in it,you can actually feel the heat rising from the ground too
    Grass is growing like mad after the weekend rain
    Temp has just hit 19c but feels a lot warmer
    Happy farmer :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

today may be a bit of a breather for some from the unsettled mess of the past few weeks. Tomorrow could be warm in the east, and mild again on Thursday, then feeling more like Autumn from Friday onwards. There is a slight chance of 2 settled days in the second week of August, then back to unsettled conditions leading towards the end of the month.

This month is beginning to look quite poor, nothing is set in stone, we need a big sudden change to shift this mess we're currently in. The atlantic looks relentless right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Raining here....,

No complaints 🙄

Raining here....,

No complaints 🙄

Convection building here so won't be long !

Gonzo FI is about 6 days never mind 10 days or a whole month!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Fairly persistant showers here in Limerick all morning. Some pretty heavy with big drops as we often get in warm thundery conditions. The blustery wind is gone thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Nice afternoon in east Galway

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Convection building here so won't be long !

Gonzo FI is about 6 days never mind 10 days or a whole month!

I know FI is about a week+ but None of the charts, BBC forecasts or MT's forecasts are even hinting at anything relatively settled in the next 1 to 2 weeks, apart from maybe 1 or 2 days. I'm just hoping for a change in pattern before the summer is over. We can nearly always bank on some great weather in the first half of September, but it would be nice to have something to look forward to in August!.

• Advertisement

August last year was awesome, especially the second half.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    August last year was awesome, especially the second half.

i think overall here, last summer was certainly better than this one. I don't remember a period this unsettled at any stage last summer along the east coast. The first half of this summer was good at times, but these past few weeks have taken a noticeable downturn. Even the SE of England has had crap weather for past 2 weeks.

Gonzo wrote: »
    i think overall here, last summer was certainly better than this one. I don't remember a period this unsettled at any stage last summer along the east coast. The first half of this summer was good at times, but these past few weeks have taken a noticeable downturn. Even the SE of England has had crap weather for past 2 weeks.

As I stated a few weeks ago here, I agree. I much prefer Summer 2016 over this Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

We have had the wettest June and July in Castlebar since 2013 this year, while also having the driest April and May since 2013, first summer in a long time I have seen the likes of Botrytis blight and other blights appearing on plants due to continuous high humidity.

Gonzo wrote: »

Hold on a second aren't you living in "no complaints"country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Xenji wrote: »
    We have had the wettest June and July in Castlebar since 2013 this year, while also having the driest April and May since 2013, first summer in a long time I have seen the likes of Botrytis blight and other blights appearing on plants due to continuous high humidity.

Interesting stats Xenji.

This is going to sound controversial I am sure, but I sincerely hope this coming winter will turn out something similar - (if not a more extreme version) to that of 2013/2014 also. Don't think I could go through another winter like that of the one just gone, where practically nothing of interest happened on the weather front over the duration of the entire season. Protracted periods banal 'pleasant' weather, whether it is mild or cold, does nothing for me.

New Moon

A gorgeous evening and a beautiful sky in Arklow this evening
    About 16c

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Up until early last week I'd have said this summer was slightly better, definitely warmer and possibly drier.
    But the last week-10 days or more has been absolute dross. Reminds me of those rubbish summers such as 2012. Constant threat of heavy monsoon like showers with virtually no day without some rain or other. Based Kilkenny/south east/ and adjoining south Leinster areas.

Stunning day here with plenty of fine conditions.

Like October tonight

• Advertisement

Hold on a second aren't you living in "no complaints"country.

yep, although conditions here are never quite as good as South Dublin coastline - Wexford coastline.

We escaped most of the crap last summer and the first half of this summer, but the past 2 weeks have largey been cool, unsettled and often very wet. It's like as if Summer has been put on hold.

By the way,2009 and 2012 were awful wet summers in the east
    Those years the Atlantic systems basically usually took a route up east Munster into Leinster and often lingered in the east
    So we do get dross sometimes
    Those two years we were as wet if not wetter often than even the west because of the angle the lows came in

At least 2009 was warm and sunny unlike 2012. I loved Summer 2009.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    At least 2009 was warm and sunny unlike 2012. I loved Summer 2009.

It might be 2007 I'm thinking of as the other one
    It's the year ironically of Rihanna's umbrella song
    2012 definitely I think was the other wet one here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yep Rihanna wouldnt exist if it wasnt for rain

In West most of 2007 to 2012 was bad in the Summer with the best weather long sunny spells and the odd thundery shower but a lot of heavy and widespread showers day

July 2013 brought some welcome hot weather.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

2012 definitely I think was the other wet one here

Yip, that was a pretty desperate summer in the east. 428mm of rain here in Dublin 16 in June, July and August that summer.

To put that in perspective, have only had 312mm so far this year (for the entire year to date).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Rain and wind in Dublin 4, feels like the West of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭OldRio

Another dreadful day here. Rain and drizzle. Cool temperature. Windy.

I did see a forecast on the BBC last night suggesting that this Atlantic flow might be changing. With a chance of High Pressure building over us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

It started off wonderfully horrible here in Dublin 7 - very windy, very rainy - but it's gone all yuck again, raid-laden clouds that aren't planning anything and a muggy, wet heat in the air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

This weather is driving me up the wall.

Advertisement