Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2017 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭giveitholly

I know its a bit early to be precise but do ye think it will b raining for the hurling on Sunday in Dublin,4 o'clock throw in

• Registered Users Posts: 13,615 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Give it 15 minutes....

More than half an hour now :P and it's still fine.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rained here for almost 90 minutes earlier, some of it was very heavy, everywhere is soaking again outside.

Still not a drip of rain here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

The Sky looked nice this evening.

BPoorle.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Nice morning so far
    Looks reasonably settled after the weekend
    Hope that doesn't change

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I think my main beef with the weather here in Ireland is that it just seems to be constant forecasts of rain, or heavy showers, so it's hard to plan anything, even though it might not rain at all but they're never bloody sure! I remember last September/October, although cooler, it was calm for what seemed like weeks on end, never seems to happen in June/July/August for extended periods though.

km79 wrote: »
    Nice morning so far
    Looks reasonably settled after the weekend
    Hope that doesn't change

Aaaaaannnnnddddd it's raining

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Summer does seem quite often to be the wettest times of the year, especially in the west. These past 2 weeks is probably the most unsettled I've seen it since last September and maybe February. There is a small chance of some temporary dryness next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Up in the east today. I was expecting wall to wall sunshine temps in the low 20s and 'no complaints' it's cloudy and 16 degrees.

• Advertisement

Up in the east today. I was expecting wall to wall sunshine temps in the low 20s and 'no complaints' it's cloudy and 16 degrees.

Lol :pac:, it's cloudy here also. Dammit Clonmel it's only like that 'cause you're here :rolleyes:.

Gonzo wrote: »
    Summer does seem quite often to be the wettest times of the year, especially in the west. These past 2 weeks is probably the most unsettled I've seen it since last September and maybe February. There is a small chance of some temporary dryness next week.

I have to disagree, Autumn is and does be most of the time, we've just been lucky with the Autumns like how dry last year's was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

Lovely here today in Arklow feeling hot at times walking in the sun
    There's evidence of convection though,thunder probable somewhere today?

We didn't have Gonzo's rain of yesterday evening either
    People are still talking about Sundays thunder here,windows shaking doors rattling with the noise etc and the sheer continuousness of it for an hour
    Having had that ,this Summer has ticked all the boxes for us down this way and continues to do so

All week I waited for today to finally bring the kids to the park
    All week it was promised dry
    Well scattered showers this morning
    5 minutes at the park and we got caught in a "locally heavy "shower with hail mixed in

Drowned rats
    Drove the 15 km home with no lunch

I won't post here again for a while as I'm coming off as a miserable old git which I am usually not :(
    But the "no complaints " reports are beginning to grate

When was today forecasted to be dry? I could have sworn it was showers all week .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

I won't post here again for a while as I'm coming off as a miserable old git which I am usually not :(
    You're not
    But the "no complaints " reports are beginning to grate
    I can only report the facts
    When my Mum first moved here from Leitrim in the early 60's she said the first thing she couldn't get over was how dry it was compared to home

If it's any consolation,this picture is looking north,there's a cb building behind so by mid afternoon we could be drenched too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Just started again in Cork - looks like it's only a shower. (Hopefully)

Also the short range forecast on met is USELESS
    Still showing a big clear zone all around Galway despite these massive showers

another shower here now, not that heavy.

Also the short range forecast on met is USELESS
    Still showing a big clear zone all around Galway despite these massive showers

Yeah don't bother with that, it's a load of sh!t.

• Advertisement

Ongoing heavy "shower "
    It's 30 minutes ongoing

Still goIng
    Lighter with the odd heavy burst
    Well scattered alright :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Beautiful day in Waterford, no rain as yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Roll on Autumn.

I honestly don't understand why some people think it is cool or even cold at 16-18c, It isn't. 'Only' 16c here at the mo, but still feels as sickly and as muggy as it has done all Summer, and the nights are barely any cooler with no breeze to get into the windows to cool the rooms down a bit, and still at least another two months of this gunk left to go, since all September has become is an extension of late summer in recent years.

New Moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

That's a matter of opinion. 16 degrees to me is certainly not warm or hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

It's a matter of experience. If you feel cold at 16c - 18c, then I would genuinely recommend you go and see a doctor, because something must not be right.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Still goIng
    Lighter with the odd heavy burst
    Well scattered alright :(

Did you enjoy this one?

Did you enjoy this one?

No it JUST missed us thankfully
    After 2 hours it has stopped
    For a while

Gone very dark now

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    It's a matter of experience. If you feel cold at 16c - 18c, then I would genuinely recommend you go and see a doctor, because something must not be right.

I feel neither, it's not hot or cold. It's very average and it's the humidity if it feels muggy and uncomfortable.

• Advertisement

No it JUST missed us thankfully
    After 2 hours it has stopped
    For a while

Gone very dark now

Heavy rain again

Advertisement